Klipsch SB-2 or Inifinity P160 or JBL E30??? need help deciding

R

ranjith

Audiophyte
I'm a first year student so i don't have a lot of cash to blow on a audio system. I was planning to just set up a pair of bookshelf speakers with this vintage pioneer sx model stereo receiver I'm buying off of a friend. My bedroom is relatively small, and the living room is pretty big. I was looking into Klipsch SB-2, Infinity Primus160 and the JBL Northridge E30. From all the specs and the reviews i've read so far they all seem pretty nice. I've only ever heard the P160s in person and they sound very nice. I have plans to buy a sub in the near future but as of now, which speaker would best suit my scenario? As to my sound preference, I love a good mid-range and clear highs. As for the bass, I'm sure any of the three would sound good with a quality sub. Any advice would be appreciated!

T

Tex-amp

Senior Audioholic
What is your budget? Are you open to other suggestions?

R

ranjith

Audiophyte
yes, i'm open to other suggestions. I just want a bookshelf speaker thats got good mid-range and clear highs. Nothing too top-of-the-line though.

corysmith01

corysmith01

Senior Audioholic
I'd consider these over the others...these appear to be in your price range. (I'm guessing you're looking at ~$200-$250):

Athena AS-B2
http://ww1.onecall.com/PID_15540.htm

Everyone has raved about the Athena's for their price-to-performance ratio...really well constructed, Canadian made. Can't really go wrong at this price ($230/pr).

Have you considered used? Might get more bang for your buck that way? Ebay or Audiogon.com are places to get good deals on used upper-end stuff.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis