Klipsch RP8000F vs Paradigm Premier 700fs

LtDanNewLegs

LtDanNewLegs

Junior Audioholic
SO...I was gonna save up to get the Paradigm Premier's with the monster center channel (600c) for about $3250 Cdn. NOW, I see the Klipsch RP8000F's and their reference R-34C CC are on super sale. I can get all 3 for $1850Cdn. Almost HALF price, for a set of speakers that compares favorably in reviews. VERY much considering that.

Thought I'd ask for a quick opinion here though first.

Last edited:
S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
The only problem with the Klipsch is that the Paradigm center is way better. The RP-8000Fs are really good towers and a serious bargain, but the center is bleh. The Premier center speakers are going to be so much better. I this application is much heavier on movies than two-channel music, I would say go with the Premiers.

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
What if the center was the Rc-64 iii instead with the 8000s? Does that change anything?

LtDanNewLegs

LtDanNewLegs

Junior Audioholic
Good points...Crutchfield (where I first noticed the sale price) only has that R-34c, which looks weak...the one I think matches better would be the RP504, at Gibby's it (as well as the 8000's) are also on sale, however that three pack brings the price a lot closer...more like $2400 vs the $3250 for the Paradigm set. That makes this a bit tougher. Dammit.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
What if the center was the Rc-64 iii instead with the 8000s? Does that change anything?
No, that doesn't change anything. The problem is the fundamental design of the Klipsch centers. The three-way design of the Premier center speakers is much better and a lot more advantageous.

P

pattyt21

Junior Audioholic
I personally have paradigm's premier 800 towers and 600c , and honestly, for the money, I have yet to hear better. I dont knownwhy, but I have yet to hear a klipsch that I enjoyed besides their heritage headphones that I own. But I also hate red wine and love garlic soooo.....
Sometimes I feel like maybe your paying more for klipsch non heritage because of the name, where paradigm is a little less known, so you get more per $......

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
No, that doesn't change anything. The problem is the fundamental design of the Klipsch centers. The three-way design of the Premier center speakers is much better and a lot more advantageous.
Thanks for your thoughts on this. Is this one of the finer center speakers for home theater that you have heard or could you mention what you would consider to be the best center for home theater you are aware of? (within reason of course)

LtDanNewLegs

LtDanNewLegs

Junior Audioholic
I personally have paradigm's premier 800 towers and 600c , and honestly, for the money, I have yet to hear better. I dont knownwhy, but I have yet to hear a klipsch that I enjoyed besides their heritage headphones that I own. But I also hate red wine and love garlic soooo.....
Sometimes I feel like maybe your paying more for klipsch non heritage because of the name, where paradigm is a little less known, so you get more per $......

Honestly, that is exactly the setup I'm aiming for, glad to hear this. Out of curiousity what are you feeding them with?

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Thanks for your thoughts on this. Is this one of the finer center speakers for home theater that you have heard or could you mention what you would consider to be the best center for home theater you are aware of? (within reason of course)
I do consider the Premier centers some of the better centers that I have heard. There are better centers out there, like the Polk L400 or Revel C426Be, but they cost quite a bit more. The premier centers are some of the best if not the best in their price range. The towers are excellent too.

P

pattyt21

Junior Audioholic
Honestly, that is exactly the setup I'm aiming for, glad to hear this. Out of curiousity what are you feeding them with?
Hahaha, thanks, I bought my first set of paradigms from my father in law a few years ago (monitor 20's v4) for $100 (he paid $50 at goodwill) and auditioned a lot, I mean a lot of speakers after that wanting to do a surround system, after listening to ones like klipsch, B&W, etc. I just loved the paradigms too much, so I found a retailer, auditioned, and bought a full system that day, he cut me some great deals, for thousands less than even best buy. I'm powering them with a used marantz SR7007 I got off FB marketplace for $350. Love it, but sometimes wish certain inputs were louder, but I'm still learning all the features lol. I have the surround ones for rears, and a V10 sub to fill out the bottom.

LtDanNewLegs

LtDanNewLegs

Junior Audioholic
Hahaha, thanks, I bought my first set of paradigms from my father in law a few years ago (monitor 20's v4) for $100 (he paid $50 at goodwill) and auditioned a lot, I mean a lot of speakers after that wanting to do a surround system, after listening to ones like klipsch, B&W, etc. I just loved the paradigms too much, so I found a retailer, auditioned, and bought a full system that day, he cut me some great deals, for thousands less than even best buy. I'm powering them with a used marantz SR7007 I got off FB marketplace for $350. Love it, but sometimes wish certain inputs were louder, but I'm still learning all the features lol. I have the surround ones for rears, and a V10 sub to fill out the bottom.

Nice...curious, how much of a deal did you get? I'm in early negotiations with my local place that sells paradigms and they've already told me they'll eat the taxes (a big deal in Canada, that's 13%) but I also know speaker markups are HUGE, so there's plenty of wiggle room.

You've got a good setup there (HUGE setup for value), only thing I'd recommend as a dif would be the V10. I've picked up an SVS PB2000 pro after recommendations from some here, and that's the kind of beef that would match with those speakers and that receiver. If you're in the States, then take a good look at the HSU VF15H-MK2. I was going to get that one, but the cost to get it into Canada was the thing that held me back. Well done sir.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Nice...curious, how much of a deal did you get? I'm in early negotiations with my local place that sells paradigms and they've already told me they'll eat the taxes (a big deal in Canada, that's 13%) but I also know speaker markups are HUGE, so there's plenty of wiggle room.
Just remember the dealer has to make money.

LtDanNewLegs

LtDanNewLegs

Junior Audioholic
Just remember the dealer has to make money.
ABSOLUTELY...I used to be IN this business a long time ago. Not out to soak anyone.
I'm just thinking, if my local guy was going to offer me the 700f's L and R and the 600c for $3250 and eat the taxes, then maybe I could get the 800f's and the 600c for the same price with taxes eaten...the list on that would be $3750. Either that or keep the 700's with the 600 and do $3000 taxes in.

Back when I was in the field the markup on speakers was pretty much 100%. And, being a small local shop in a smallish town (pop 60,000) they might be pretty relieved to move that stock out and still make some money on it.

P

pattyt21

Junior Audioholic

You've got a good setup there (HUGE setup for value), only thing I'd recommend as a dif would be the V10. I've picked up an SVS PB2000 pro after recommendations from some here, and that's the kind of beef that would match with those speakers and that receiver. If you're in the States, then take a good look at the HSU VF15H-MK2. I was going to get that one, but the cost to get it into Canada was the thing that held me back. Well done sir.
Thanks! I've always been wheeling and dealing, but this system, the fiance put her foot down and approved the purchase ONLY IF ITS A ONCE IN 10-20YR PURCHASE, not 2 years later I wantto upgrade. The dealer here in Rochester NY in the US has a trade up program. The 800fs were open box on their display (literally 1 week old) got 10% off, sub i think was full price at $600, the rear speakers, surround 1's were traded up on their used shelf for $250, center channel was on their display, but never hooked up, 10% off, and as I was standing up at the register, I noticed the klipsch one blue tooth speaker, I knew they were $399, he said he'd do $250 for me. All said out the door was i think $3800?......I'd have to dig out the receipt. Maybe closer to $3500 im thinking. All in boxes except the surround 1s. Hated the klipsches (non heritage) B&W the 600s and next step ups sounded unbelievable, super clear, the human voice was soooo spot on, but lacked any warmth with music. Theyed be great if I watched the news 24/7 lol. There's just something g about paradigm. Like its a hidden little gem that come in all different price brackets, beat the competition for the $, but you have to be in the "circle" to know about it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis