Klipsch Reference Premier RP-208F Floorstanding Speaker Overview

H

HTKamikazee

Audioholics Sheriff
I love floorstanders! I really enjoy seeing two big, powerful tower speakers at the front wall of every room I enter. Don't get me wrong, I've seen plenty of capable bookshelf speakers, but towers are my absolute favorite by far. Speaking of towers speakers, did you know that Klipsch will be launching their new Reference Premiere Family of Speakers this March 2, 2015?
ref-premiere-system.jpg

This new line of speakers will feature the new RP-280F floorstanding speaker which is the largest speaker in their Reference Premiere Series.

Check out this beauty and you can also click on the thumbnail below to zoom in.
PicsArt_1424803041667.jpg
PicsArt_1424803019233.jpg
The RP-280F floorstanding speaker features two 8" Cerametallic™ cone woofers with rigid titanium voice coil formers combined with a rear-firing Tractrix port which provides fast, efficient airflow from the cabinet for clear, powerful bass. I could easily write a long overview on this one, but I would like you to take a look at the following features and specifications and let me know what you think about this new beauty from Klipsch!

FEATURES:
  • 90° x 90° Hybrid Cross-Section Tractrix® horn with 1" LTS (Linear Travel Suspension) titanium diaphragm tweeter.
  • Magnetically attached grille for a clean, streamlined look.
  • Durable polymer veneer finish.
  • Dual binding post speaker terminals for bi-amping or bi-wiring.
SPECIFICATIONS:
  • Frequency Response: 32-25kHz +/- 3dB.
  • Sensitivity: 98dB @ 2.83V / 1m
  • Power Handling (CONT/PEAK): 150W/600W.
  • Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohms
  • High Frequency Driver: 1" Titanium LTS Tweeter with Hybrid Cross-Section Tractrix Horn.
  • Low Frequency Driver: Dual 8" Cerametallic Cone Woofers.
  • Crossover Frequency: 1,750Hz
  • Enclosure Material: MDF
  • Enclosure Type: Bass Reflex via rear-firing Tractrix port.
  • Height: 43.06"
  • Width: 10.55"
  • Depth: 18.32"
  • Weight: 62.5 lbs
  • Finishes: Ebony, Cherry
Price: $675.00/each.

I like these towers!!! Do you?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers