D

ddcobb

Junior Audioholic
I currently have a pair of Klipsch KLF 20's and I am very pleased with their performance (and have been for the past 9 years. However, I do not have the C-7 center channel (I think this was the model...around $700) or any rears from this line.

I am looking to purchase speakers for 7.1 and subsequently need to add a center and 2 rears (plus 2 more for 7.1). What speakers would mix well with the KLF 20's I currently own. I know Klipsch are very efficient so I imagine I will need speakers that have similar response levels. Im not sure if the new reference series would be a good match especially since I haven't heard very good things about the Klipsch line over the past few years.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, Im shopping for a new receiver and have been looking at the Yamaha 4600 & HK7300 (Im not set in stone with either of these) if that makes difference.

R

Rich0372

Enthusiast
You can usually find them used on ebay or audiogon I have klf30 mains klf20s as surrounds and 2 klf c7s as front and rear centers the klf20s usually go for about $600 & the center $300 there are also surrounds ksp6's but they are hard to find All the new ref line is good but will not timbre match as well with your speakers Rich

J

JerryElbow

Enthusiast
ddcobb said:
I currently have a pair of Klipsch KLF 20's and I am very pleased with their performance (and have been for the past 9 years. However, I do not have the C-7 center channel (I think this was the model...around $700) or any rears from this line.
Actually, I'm just about to put a 2-year-old RC-7 (like new condition, still have the box) on eBay as I've just last week upgraded my system from a pair of classic Klipsch Heresy's, a Klipsch RC-7 and a pair of Boston Acoustics MicroBox 80x's for the rears (which sounded more like Klipsch than anything Klipsch had in their size and price range). Contact me if you want to save a few hundred bucks on the RC-7 (or the Heresy's or the 80x's, for that matter!).

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis