O

Outwest2952

Audiophyte
Hey guy I'm new to the forum as well as home audio. Been working on car stereos for a few year though. So I recently just got a sweet pair of KG4 speakers from my dad along with a whole bunch of old stereo equipment( turntables, amps, equalizer, cassette, and cd fm Am radio, and a few other things).

My question here is what exactly do I need to get these speakers going I don't really wanna use all the old equipment it takes up way to much room and there are way to many wires. So what do I need to get the speakers going? Can I buy just a regular receiver or do I need a separate amp and all that other stuff?

What I would like to do is use it for a home theater system but also a stereo if I want to plug a ipod in or something. Any help would be appreciated thanks guys!

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai
Hey Outwest,

A regular receiver has built-in amplifiers, so that’s all you need. However, you’d need to get extra speakers for home theater, if you want surround sound (and who doesn’t?). You can use your iPod as a music source – all you need is a 3.5 mm headphone adapter that splits out to two RCA plugs. With that you can connect the iPod to the receiver.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Last edited by a moderator:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis