Klipsch Image Earphones Review

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
The Klipsch Image earphones are proported to be the "world's smallest high performance earphones," and there is no doubt that they are unlike anything I have seen. I remember seeing them at CEDIA last year and thinking that they would probably be yet another overpriced, mediocre sounding earbud for the iPod. Recently Klipsch sent me a pair and I have been using the Image earphones for a couple of months now, and I am pleased to tell you that I had it all wrong.

Discuss "Klipsch Image Earphones Review" here. Read the article.

yettitheman

yettitheman

Audioholic General
If I had the dime for those, I probably would get some, just because my old MDR-V3's are old and big.

I could sleep with those at night :D

C

corey

Senior Audioholic
Yetti - you could consider the Klipsch Custom 1; the low end of the line at $130. I have a pair, and as long as your player has equalization, so you can bump up the bass, they do a pretty good job, & I've fallen asleep with them in.

There doesn't seem to be much going on in the $50-$75 range for in-ears. You get the "free" ones with your player, there's a step up at $25-$30, or you jump up to $100+; and move from "moving-coil" to "balanced armature" designs. I came near to not buying even mine, but on the other hand many(most?) of us spend more on our speakers than on our receivers.

J - You said "I don't know about you, but I loathe earbuds. They hurt my ears and NEVER stay put. Seriously, I am not sure if I have deformed ears or something, but standard earbuds will not stay in my ears." In your photo it looks like the Image ear gels are oval, just like my Custom 1's are. Most human ear canals are oval, not round like most earbuds.

G

gus6464

Audioholic Samurai
I have been looking for new earbuds ever since my dog ate my Etymotic ER-6i and these look very promising. I would have to look around to try and get them for around half that but I am pretty sure they are worth it. Are there any retail stores that carry these Klipsch?

birdonthebeach

birdonthebeach

Full Audioholic
J - You said "I don't know about you, but I loathe earbuds. They hurt my ears and NEVER stay put. Seriously, I am not sure if I have deformed ears or something, but standard earbuds will not stay in my ears." In your photo it looks like the Image ear gels are oval, just like my Custom 1's are. Most human ear canals are oval, not round like most earbuds.
Good point - I should have pointed that out in the review. That fact is mentioned in Klipsch's literature, I believe, when talking about how they were designed.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Never knew you guys reviewed these. One of my favs earphones with Sony tip just amazing.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis