j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Anyone pick it up yet? How is it? I haven't had a chance to try the demo yet, but the PTOM review said it was very good, especially with Move. I wanted to get it with the Sharpshooter for Move, but it looks like it isn't available; currently says 2-3 weeks before it is available now.

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
I've checked out the demo and IMO it's pretty impressive I'm not a big FPS fan but have been rather interested in the Killzone series and IMO the latest installment is the best so far. The weapons are more accurate than in KZ2, my only complaint is that with the Move camera movement isn't as smooth as with the Dualshock but it's a minor detail.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
They said the campaign could be beat in as little as 6hrs. That's not cool. I picked up a the sharp shooter and the game:

It is a little weird to get used to and requires quite a bit of tweaking to get it to move correctly. It is also odd to use the stick to move and the gun to aim. It takes some getting used to for sure so I've just been playing the demo to get used to it so far. When there are multiple targets that are far and you are under fire, it is hard to react quickly. When it is just a few targets, it is extremely easy to pick out targets and more intuitive than expected. I do feel more involved in the action this way, which changes the game quite a bit. Oddly, it feels a little less immersive like this because the sharp shooter makes you feel like you have more freedom but in reality you don't. So far I am pretty impressed both with the game and the sharp shooter.

I also tried it with Dead Space Extraction. That one has fewer adjustments, but it is still fairly easy to adapt to.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I thought the review said you would be able to charge the controllers without removing them from the frame, but that isn't the case. Both have to be removed to be charged. I am liking this thing a lot though.

Another thing that is odd is they didn't make all of the buttons easily accessed. They give you square and triangle above the grip but X and 0 are available only on the secondary controller or you have to reach up top to the Move. Not a big deal, but sometimes you need the x for something and it isn't in an easily usable spot. For $40, this thing is a no brainer for FPS fans IMO.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
...I picked up a the sharp shooter and the game:

It is a little weird to get used to and requires quite a bit of tweaking to get it to move correctly.
Hi, John. I'm a bit late getting into the game, but I just got my Sharp Shooter yesterday and am playing the KZ 3 demo.

Any tips that you can remember regarding tweaking it? It seems like sometimes the calibration starts to drift on mine - although I think that I mostly fixed that by moving the eye. Thanks!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
It was tough to get it set just right. I tended to set it so the "look" area was small so it wouldn't start looking away from what you are doing so quickly. I found it tough to dial in things aiming manually, fine aiming like for head shots were almost impossible, but taking out enemies with auto-target was fine.

Extra note - this game is RIDICULOUS in 3D! OMFG, the section where you have the flying armor was incredible.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis