KEF Reference 203/2 vs Monitor audio RX8 vs Gold 200

M

Marcoer

Audiophyte
Hi!

I'm a happy owner of a pair of MA RX8 which I power with an Integra DTR-80.1. I got offered an ex-demo pair of Kef Reference 203/2 which I can’t listen since they are 900km away from me. I only use it for music in a stereo configuration (no-sub). My living room size is 6x8m and listen to a variety of music from classical to rock, jazz, pop, etc (wife use it too with ipod). I wasn’t planning on replacing my speakers but if this is a considerable upgrade for my system I might do it.

Can you give me your advice about the KEF 203/2? Are they a big upgrade over the RX8? Since I don’t have a Sub, what’s your opinion on the 203 bass?

Due to this offer I also quoted upgrading to the MA Gold 200 (which there is no demo arround) or the new Silver 8 which has a new midrange (vs the RX8) and is somehow an upgrade. The prices are as follow (converted to US):

Kef 203/2: 3,400 US
MA Gold 200: 4,000 US
MA Silver 8: 2,050 US
I can get abour a 1000 for my current RX8.

Is the MA Gold 200 a better upgrade than the KEF? Is it worth expending the money for any of this upgrades?

I live in Mexico and sadly we don't have many dealers or demo rooms, so I have to rely a lot in the web.

Thank you.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I think the KEFs are more accurate/neutral but that does not mean they will sound better to you than the MA Gold.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis