KEF Q5150 EVH (my next custom project)

• Thread starter Midnight Audiophile
  • Start date
Midnight Audiophile

Midnight Audiophile

Audiophyte
KEF Page_2.jpg

Don't go googling, I just made that page to make me feel good ; ) This was inspired by Gene's YouTube post with his red Kanto speakers.

I haven't gotten the Q150s yet and if I don't like them I'll try out the white Kanto 5 1/4" passives. I'm running two small subs in my system so I'm covered on bass. I'm currently running Dali Spektor 2s and I like them.

The design is a 1:1 version of Eddie's 5150 paint scheme. I extended the design across the front of the right speaker and it will also extend around the speakers.
744d38b98337470fce40d9f08acc4107.jpg
Kramer-5150-Eddie-Van-Halen.jpg

img-9.jpg

These are rough sketches I did a couple of nights ago. I'll do a final version that is more accurate (and isn't missing a white stripe). I'm going to use different widths of masking tape as EVH did. I picked up the star design on the right speaker from the 5150 head and I think it works in well. Not sure if I'll put his sig, I don't want it to look counterfeit but it's nice design touch. I'm thinking about sealing and filling the woodgrain and going for a smooth high-gloss finish.
q150-6_2.jpg

I dig it, I'm more of an AC/DC fan but gotta love Eddie. Should be fun!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis