KEF Ci160QS Any good?

R!zz0

R!zz0

Audioholic Intern
Hey everyone, we went to Visions yesterday (Electronic store in Canada) and saw that they were clearing out the Kef ci160qs. So i bought them. There's not that much info on them online.

Anyone know about the QS series from Kef? Wanna get your opinion on them. It's not a final sale, so i can return them. Picked them up for $160/each.

R!zz0

R!zz0

Audioholic Intern
Haven't hooked it up yet. We move in to our new home in June. Since i got a deal on them, i picked it up.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Look like decently spec'd speakers but their response is somewhat installation specific. Are these going in a ceiling or wall and are you using a sub to supplement them? There's quite a bit of information on the Kef site or are you looking for subjective reviews (which can be very hard to go by if you find one, as they are installation specific...). KEF and their uni-q drivers are generally well regarded although most comments I've read are based on their complete loudspeakers.

R!zz0

R!zz0

Audioholic Intern
^Awesome man.

They're going to be in wall and yes there will be a sub to supplement them. I didn't want to go to extreme on speakers and assumed they will be perfect for home theater/listening to music. Hopefully they'll be able to take abuse when it comes to high volume.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Abuse and speakers usually don't go together...that's how you blow 'em up! Wouldn't be my choice of speaker type (I like the ability to move them). They're rated for 10-125 watts per the spec sheet...but doubt they're spl monsters.

R!zz0

R!zz0

Audioholic Intern
Yeah as long as they sound good when watching movies and listening to music. When i say "abuse" i don't mean go crazy loud, but loud enough to get the theater experience. It's either Kef ci160 QS or the Klipsch R-5650-S II.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis