KEF Blade 2 Measurements

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
"Shocking" news - Speaker which measures at reference level - sounds at reference level (too bad it's also priced at reference level)

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Too bad, that my room is not built inside a fish tank.:)

Plus, more than I would spend.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
"Shocking" news - Speaker which measures at reference level - sounds at reference level (too bad it's also priced at reference level)
I feel uncomfortable about the idea of 5 figure speakers that cannot comfortably play full range. My mystical, never actually built but always talked about, Thor kit appears to play a bit lower, and being a transmission line, will likely have a similarly sized sound stage.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Did anyone read the comment section?

Not surprising to see the negativity on JA's reference to the low price LS50 below:

"The Blade Two carries that evolution to the limit. It preserves all the positive qualities that made KEF's little LS50 Stereophile's "Product of 2013," while adding greater dynamic range and two more octaves of bass extension—though at $25,000/pair, this is for a price more than 16 times greater! The low frequencies are balanced to be neutral in a room larger than mine, though toolarge a room and the top octaves might start to sound mellow—which could be a concern, considering how sweet they already were in my room. But that imaging magic and its midrange clarity make the Blade Two a winner all the way."

I am familiar with the Blades and own the LS50, and have no issues with the reviewer's reference to the LS50.:D

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I agree, $25K is a very high price. If I ever wanted to spend that much on speakers, there are others I would first consider. The KEF cabinets do measure nearly inert, and that is probably the main reason for the high cost.

I've heard the KEF LS50s, last summer. I like them. At the time I heard them, Ponzio & I spent some time comparing them to my small 2-way DIY CAOW1 speakers. They weren't identical, but both were equally satisfying to me. In general, I thought the CAOW1s had better mid range and treble dispersion creating a good image over a wider seating zone, and the LS50 had better bass response. I remember, in particular, how the LS50 cabinets seemed solid and quiet.

The price for new LS50s, about $1500, is 50% greater than the price for a new pair of Salk SoungSurround I speakers (about $900), which are essentially the same as my CAOW1s.

So, even the highly acclaimed LS50, is IMO not a real bargain.

Last edited:
B

bobs

Enthusiast
I heard them at the High End in Munich. Although the room was not quiet, they delivered a stunning stereo image. Very good speakers I think.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis