Keep Sony TAE and TAP combo vs Aragon Soundstage

A

AKA-ChuckG

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>I currently have the Sony TAE and TAP combo and have been extreamly happy with this, especially since getting the TAP and using that for analog (Onkyo DV-SP800 universal player and Technics bd22 with Creek OBH-8 phono stage on the 2 inputs).

I've recently have the opportunity to purchase an Aragon Soundstage used for $1400. &nbsp;To fund this purchase I would have to sell my combo. I know I can sell the TAP for $650 easily and my TAE (with V2.01 and VUCD upgrade kit included) probably for around $600 (it is 4 years old but has had the power supply fix done recently).

So the question is, is it worth the trouble to sell my Sony combo for the Soundstage? Is using the DB-25 input for SACD/DVD-Audio (i'd use a $13 converter to connect) and using the analog bypass on the Soundstage for my turntable a better musical experience than the TAP? Will I miss some of the great DSP's for movies on the Sony (Virtual Theater, Studio Cinema)? Or should I just hold on tight to what I have (esp the discontinued TAP which many people want badly)? &nbsp;Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis