jvc rx7030 or panisonic sahe200?

D

Defshep

Enthusiast
Hey, I'm new around here and don't wanna be laughed off the page for this question. I'm a "budget" home theater enthusiast. and there are lots of choices in the "low end" spectrum. I have a pioneer vsx-411 5.1 receiver and want to upgrade to 6.1. I can get the jvc7030 for $200 -110watts x6. I can spend about $50 more and get the panasonic sahe200 -130watts (6ohms) x6. I'm using sony speakers (mf650h towers for fronts, cn550h for center, 150s for l/r surround), which actually sound pretty good. Any suggestions?

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
I would choose JVC. I have had great luck with JVC on a budget. I have an old tape deck in the shop that is still kicking! :)

JVC

JVC

Banned
I'd also choose JVC. You get a lot of bang for the buck, with them. I'm not a Panasonic fan. Had one of their dvd players once. WILL NOT have another one! I had a JVC Pro Logic receiver for about 10 yrs., and have had my JVC 5.1 receiver for about 2 yrs. now. Never a minute's trouble with either one...............
Good luck!

N

nm2285

Senior Audioholic
i've heard good things about panasonic's digital amps but nothing about their normal receiver line. JVC i have heard good things about and once owned a dvd/receiver combo that i was happy with. i'd go with JVC as well.

N

nm2285

Senior Audioholic
to add:
I'd also check ebay and audiogon for used equipment. you may be able to find a 6.1 denon, pioneer, HK or something like that in your price range.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis