JVC RX-DP20VBK re: 12V trigger switch

U

Unregistered

I recently purchased a JVC RX-DP20VBK receiver and use it as a preamp connected to an ATI-2007 power amp. One of the receiver's advertised features was a 12 volt trigger, which was an important consideration since I was looking for a way to switch on/off the power amp (which has a trigger input jack) whenever the receiver is turned on. My problem is that a constant 12 volts is always present at the receiver's 12 volt trigger out jack (confirmed with volt meter) whether the receiver is switched on or off. This results in the power amp not turning off when the receiver is turned off.

Has anyone else had a similar experience and if so, is there anything that can be done to make this work correctly?

Note: I e-mailed JVC Support on 7/31/04 and have yet to receive a reply. Also the receiver's user manual seems to contradict JVC's advertised use of the 12 volt trigger - the manual says the 12 volt terminal is only for service use. HELP...I'm beginning to think I've become a victim of false advertising!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis