Just tried the Home beta on PS3

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
It has much better graphics within the world than I was expecting. There were a surprising number of people in there, and the speed is decent. Chat is limited for those that don't have a keyboard, as the typing interface is letter by letter with some word matching when you only have a controller, and there are some canned greetings and responses. I suppose as was to be expected, it was about 95% dudes to chicks LOL. It has some cool features in terms of interaction with others and some things in the environment. It froze on me when I tried to go into the bowling alley, but I was able to wander around and initiate conversations with a variety of people. The available features there are limited so far, though is pretty interesting and should be fairly promising. I like it so far, but I don't know how much I will actually use it.

G

gus6464

Audioholic Samurai
It has much better graphics within the world than I was expecting. There were a surprising number of people in there, and the speed is decent. Chat is limited for those that don't have a keyboard, as the typing interface is letter by letter with some word matching when you only have a controller, and there are some canned greetings and responses. I suppose as was to be expected, it was about 95% dudes to chicks LOL. It has some cool features in terms of interaction with others and some things in the environment. It froze on me when I tried to go into the bowling alley, but I was able to wander around and initiate conversations with a variety of people. The available features there are limited so far, though is pretty interesting and should be fairly promising. I like it so far, but I don't know how much I will actually use it.
How did you get into the beta?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I got an email from Sony saying I was able to download it and try it. I don't remember signing up for it, but clearly I must have. I am going to give the bowling another try.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
I tried it last night too. All I was able to do was play a game of pool with a guy in the bowling alley. I chatted with a couple of people, but there's not much to do yet. None of the stores in the mall have anything in them yet.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I checked it out for a few mins. as well... didn't do too much but listen to some music and dance around lol... but I think it has potential to be pretty cool... but not something I would spend a lot of time using.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I like it. I thought bowling was fun. Once you get the hang of it, it is OK. The arcade games in the bowling alley are entertaining, but rather basic. The pool game is fun, I played one guy about 4 times and had fun, but the game itself is quite basic. Other than that, there isn't much else to do. I don't think I will spend a lot of time on there either, but if they add some good features I might drop in once in a while.

jwenthold99

jwenthold99

Full Audioholic
I got into the beta as well, and checked it out for the first time last night. I agree with all of the above. There is not a whole lot to do yet, but there is potential. It will be interesting to see what they do with it.

I can't see using it that much for checking out game video's and such, it's so much faster on the internet, and whole wandering around discovering things might get a little old, especially when you have a limited amount of time to spend on the PS3 :eek:

Cpt.America

Cpt.America

Full Audioholic
Just got an email inviting me into the Beta... is EVERYbody going to get an invite perhaps?

Thwarter

Thwarter

Enthusiast
Wow, I didn't even know it was out for download yet. Woohoo!

/me runs to his PS3.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
pretty sure it's only available for download to those who received an email with the beta code.

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
How do you get the email with the download code? This sounds fairly interesting...

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I think I may have signed up for it someplace, but I forget. Check out blu-ray.com and go to the forums, there is a big Home thread there, I'm sure you can find what you are looking for there.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
No, the beta is supposedly going to become available to everyone, it is not "final" release of Home.

M

Mw`

Junior Audioholic
I dabbled in Home for around 20 minutes yesterday, and to me it seems pretty pointless. For Sony and Co to have put so much time and effort to release what they have with the beta is pretty puzzling. As a PS360 owner I think they should've put their energies in to the XMB and making their online experience as smooth as Live. You guys may be right and I agree that there is potential, but judging by their progress to this point, I don't have much faith in where this is going.

yettitheman

yettitheman

Audioholic General
I dabbled in Home for around 20 minutes yesterday, and to me it seems pretty pointless. For Sony and Co to have put so much time and effort to release what they have with the beta is pretty puzzling. As a PS360 owner I think they should've put their energies in to the XMB and making their online experience as smooth as Live. You guys may be right and I agree that there is potential, but judging by their progress to this point, I don't have much faith in where this is going.
I would agree with this 100%.
I think that Live runs a bit smoother when you are trying to play with friends, and doesn't lock up and do weird, random things while playing online.

I think that Home is something you can be loaded into while you make waffles or wipe yourself after the morning "movement".

R

RoninStang

Audiophyte
I agree as well. I can't believe Sony has been wasting their time on home. I understand it still is in beta form but what a waste. They could have been using the resources to make thier online experience better in hopes to somehow come close to the Xbox.

I got rid of my xbox 360 for a ps3 and have still not found the ps3 online experience to come at all close to the xbox 360.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis