Just moved in, need some help please

J

jormar23

Audiophyte
Hi everyone I hope someone can help me with my problem. I just moved into a house and in the basement they have a wall plate for surround speakers with red and black screw in connectors if that makes sense. and in the back of the room they have pin connectors for the surround speakers. My question is this: How can I get my speakers to work with this setup? I have the red and black connectors where you press your thumb and and put the bare wires through the hole and then lift your thumb up and it is connected. I hooked up from my reciever to the wall plate where I screwed in the black and red wires. Then I put the pin connectors in my speakers and I am getting no sound. I tried doing a search on the internet and could not find anything that helped. Please help me if you can. Sorry it's so long.

Thanks alot

Chris

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
From your description it sounds like you did it correctly. The pin connectors can certainly be used with the spring-clip speaker terminals on a speaker.

Assuming that the wires from the wall plate that run through the wall are actually connected to the other end where the pin connectors come out, maybe the issue is with how you connect to the wall plate.

If you unscrew the connectors on the wall plate and wrap bare speaker wire around them you might not be making a connection because the wire would be touching the plastic wall plate and not making contact. They might actually be binding posts where you could try just inserting a banana plug instead of wrapping bare wire around them.

Pictures would help if that is possible.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis