Just got my HD plasma!!!

B

bluemr2

Audiophyte
My new 42" Panasonic plasma (TH-42PX25U/P) arrived yesterday. The cable guy (Comcast in the SF Bay Area) installed the cable card today. Everything has been as expected and more...it's awesome! I'll play with it (continue to set it up) for the next several days or so and post an update. Let me know if you have any questions.

Duffinator

Duffinator

Audioholic Field Marshall
Congratulation on your new plasma. I'm curious how you like the cable card setup. That's the latest technology and I haven't heard much about it. I understand that you do not receive the on screen channel guides, is that true? If it works well it might be enough for me to consider ditching my DirecTV :eek:

B

bluemr2

Audiophyte
Thanks!

The cable card allows me to ditch the HD receiver (and also saves me $5 per month). It is true that with the cable card, my cable is not "interactive" with Comcast. There are no on screen channel guides, simply blank/black screens (I haven't figured out how to delete these channels (ie. pay-per-view channels) from the channel selections). I was told that if I wanted to order something I would have to call Comcast directly.

Vancouver

Vancouver

Full Audioholic
Hey Blue,
I just got the same plasma a couple of weeks ago and only got to watch it one night before I went away on business. I am going home today and will really have a chance to play around with it. My first impressions wern't that great, maybe you can give me some pointers. Did you calibrate it? if so what are the numbers of each setting? Have you had a chance to watch any dvd's? were they progressive scan and if so how did the picture quality compare to other TVs...plasma or not. Have you used the SD menory card input yet?

B

bluemr2

Audiophyte
Vancouver,
I have not calibrated it yet (my co-worker just lent me the dvd)...I'll let you know the numbers after I do it this weekend. I have only watched several minutes of Saving Private Ryan to check it DVDs on the plasma (the picture was awesome! I have a Sony progressive scan DVD player with Straightline component cables). I'm planning on playing with SD card soon. I'll keep you posted.

Vancouver

Vancouver

Full Audioholic
Blue,
How much did you pay for your DVD player? I am saving up for the denon 2910, but want to get a progressive scan in the mean time...the one I havbe now is not progressive.

when you say the picture from the dvd is great...is it noticable better then most tube TVs?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis