Just finished college...

ErinH

ErinH

Audioholic General
Just took my last final in my undergrad career (aerospace engineering). Might go back for my Master's but it'll definately be a while.

PUUUUUUUUUUUMPED!

(bout to go to Outback to celebrate!)

ErinH

ErinH

Audioholic General
I hadn't really wanted to get my masters until this last semester. I studied some really cool stuff and want to learn more about it (and get a degree for it, too).

To be honest, I'm not sure how long I'll stay in the space program. My sights are set on Disney Imagineering. Gotta start sending a resume out every week, soon. ;)

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
Might go back for my Master's but it'll definately be a while.
If I had could do it over I would wait a year or two and then let my company pay for it. The only real difference is that if you get hired straight out of grad school often the starting salary will be slightly higher than if you were hired with a B.S. But after you've been employed awhile, it's all you and the fact that you earned a degree in the past is not a factor in promotions or raises.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Congrats Erin! I'm sure your family is proud of you.

Sorry about the oscillation thingy on your other thread, it was the Major's fault, he made me and Halon do it.

Last edited:
mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
congrats Erin!

will you be the one designing the rocket that will take us to Pluto? :)

do they even teach you guys to think outside of the box? (other fuel sources)

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
Sounds to me like you have a bright future ahead of you. Good going.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Congratulations on the graduation. There are advantages to continuing your education through your Masters and Ph.D. It's not so much the pay, etc., but more in the type of jobs and career path that higher education opens up. Now that you are working in the field, take a look at senior people to figure out what you want to be doing 20 or 30 years from now. Use these people as a guide to determine what your education path should be to get you the projects or responsibility that can make your career rewarding to you.

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
Just took my last final in my undergrad career (aerospace engineering). Might go back for my Master's but it'll definately be a while.

PUUUUUUUUUUUMPED!

(bout to go to Outback to celebrate!)
You might want to think carefully about how long you wait to go back for the master's degree. It is easier to go right away, and will become much harder the longer you wait. Most people find it extremely difficult to become a student again after having not been a student for several years. Plus, they often end up with various financial and other commitments that can make it extremely difficult to go back to school. My advice is, if you want to go to graduate school, do it as soon as you possibly can.

ErinH

ErinH

Audioholic General
I don't know Erin working at the local KFC might not be good for your career, I don't think the colonel launches his buckets into space.
LMFAO!

You might want to think carefully about how long you wait to go back for the master's degree. It is easier to go right away, and will become much harder the longer you wait. Most people find it extremely difficult to become a student again after having not been a student for several years. Plus, they often end up with various financial and other commitments that can make it extremely difficult to go back to school. My advice is, if you want to go to graduate school, do it as soon as you possibly can.
You're right. I'm just waiting to see how things go with my wife's situation. if she goes back to school for Nursing then I'm not getting my master's. If she doesn't then I might start next Spring or early as this Fall (ouch!).

I looked into some of the topics last night on my school's site. Imagine having your master's in acoustics!?... Think I may have found my niche. :)

(or solid rocket propulsion or aerodynamics)

Last edited by a moderator:
majorloser

majorloser

You're right. I'm just waiting to see how things go with my wife's situation. if she goes back to school for Nursing then I'm not getting my master's. If she doesn't then I might start next Spring or early as this Fall (ouch!).
Funny thing is that nurses probably get better paid here in Florida then rocket scientists. Aerospace contracts "come and go" in this area.

Stratman ain't too far from the truth. One year KSC, the next KFC :(

ErinH

ErinH

Audioholic General
Funny thing is that nurses probably get better paid here in Florida then rocket scientists. Aerospace contracts "come and go" in this area.

Stratman ain't too far from the truth. One year KSC, the next KFC :(
If I move to Florida, I'm going to Orlando and working for Disney. This has already been discussed by my wife and I.

One good thing about her profession is that Nurses and RT's are ALWAYS needed.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
To be honest, I'm not sure how long I'll stay in the space program. My sights are set on Disney Imagineering. Gotta start sending a resume out every week, soon. ;)
Now that sounds like a job you'll never tire of.
Congratulations with school!

loserwife

loserwife

Audioholic
I agree. Don't wait. Do it while it still fresh in your head!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis