Junk or worth fixing ? Vintage rtr

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Seems x overs have gone bad or the speaker terminals.
They definitely sounded good but probably aren’t worth anything… over paid for them years ago $50-60 . What a rip off , I already have extra woofers but not sure how too figure out what’s not working?? Either terminal
tried googling only a few came up

probably need new tweets too sound as goods a newer speaker ..
DB6768D8-F435-418B-BF1D-ACAFF30183D2.jpeg
E893E846-D1B2-46BE-BF71-9A8C6D81E864.jpeg
715BB536-36EA-4BB1-9660-2B5C52159992.jpeg

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Got one offer think there worth more then $75?
Or keeping to fix
No help ?? No ideas has anyone on this brand?

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Got one offer think there worth more then $75?
Or keeping to fix
No help ?? No ideas has anyone on this brand?
If somebody is offering you $ for those, you better take the offer.

Otherwise, use them to try to learn something and turn that into a marketable skill.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Honestly, there's nothing special in those speakers and big paper tweeters can't do much about producing real high frequencies. Hate to break the news, but get what you can.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Honestly, there's nothing special in those speakers and big paper tweeters can't do much about producing real high frequencies. Hate to break the news, but get what you can.
Ahh I see if I get anything out of them better to cut my losses , not sure if there’s any pre built enclosures for the random replacement 8” woofers I bought for not a good enough reason. I could keep trying to sell them , maybe Relist them. May be easier to find a flat pack or something, or keep them if I ever have a speaker w / 8” woofers that need replacement. One of the Woofers broke but I Manage to repair it after I bought a replacement.
May be better off waiting til I find something decent cheap worth fixing or stick to buying new . Some deals or so go to stores are used it’s just I don’t know what the odds are I don’t end up with something else defective.
Sony mini System high fi speakers are better lol.

Last edited:
TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Seems x overs have gone bad or the speaker terminals.
They definitely sounded good but probably aren’t worth anything… over paid for them years ago $50-60 . What a rip off , I already have extra woofers but not sure how too figure out what’s not working?? Either terminal
tried googling only a few came up

probably need new tweets too sound as goods a newer speaker ..View attachment 51100View attachment 51101View attachment 51102
There he goes again!

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
May as well had been drinking to think these speakers are worth fixing … maybe ganja ..
sometimes i should cut my losses , even infinity bookshelves are or something similar when on sale is a lot better..
lack of responses means they’re not worth it if I already have working speakers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
May as well had been drinking to think these speakers are worth fixing … maybe ganja ..
sometimes i should cut my losses , even infinity bookshelves are or something similar when on sale is a lot better..
lack of responses means they’re not worth it if I already have working speakers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You really do not need to spend a lot of $ to get excellent audio!

There are many examples of budget/entry level gear that will get you audio quality that is better than 90% of anybody else.

The trick is to be wise and selective with your $, sometimes you may have to wait for the right deal to come along, and be ready to act immediately with the $ when the right deal pops up (if you don't the next guy will).

Excellent example-- About 3 years back the entire DCM line of speakers was discontinued. These were getting blown out at silly clearance prices, and many of us on here jumped on these. I have a set of towers in my living room that are excellent speakers, and I paid maybe $250 for the pair. For the prices we paid on these, nothing else could really compete!

Someone on this site has a quote in their signature, I don't remember who, but the quote is, "I spent a lot of money on audio equipment in order to learn that I didn't need to spend a lot of $ on audio equipment".

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Yeah must had been a lost cause I could had bought new drivers and everything by now , and x overs it’s just pointless to invest in trash .. I liked energy better then Klipch but mistakenly got the wrong brand ..
haha either way even cheap Klipch icon are a lot better then the rtr were when they worked .
Some cheap gear sounds high end if that’s what your saying .. expensive gear the designs are more elaborate, and parts usually .

Last edited:
slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Yeah must had been a lost cause I could had bought new drivers and everything by now , and x overs it’s just pointless to invest in trash .. I liked energy better then Klipch but mistakenly got the wrong brand ..
haha either way even cheap Klipch icon are a lot better then the rtr were when they worked .
Some cheap gear sounds high end if that’s what your saying .. expensive gear the designs are more elaborate, and parts usually .
You seem to confuse Cost vs. Value. Not the same concept by a long shot.

Sometimes the expensive gear is expensive simply because of the branded badging, the perceived prestige, or high profit margins for the vendor.

Sure, some cheap gear can be high end. But some high end gear is also total crap!

So, figure out what gear meets your needs, is in your budget and go from there. Quit playing around with all this junk.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis