Journey-with the new vocalist

Tarub

Tarub

Senior Audioholic
For me and I think a lot of others says that Steve Perry is the best voice on all male vocalist. This guy Arnel Pineda, the new singer of the band Journey sounds almost just like him. Journey is touring the US for concerts in July.

Their concert last Feb in Santiago, Chile.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
He sounds pretty good and just like Steve Perry I can't understand the opening lyrics for Only the Young.

D

deedubb

Full Audioholic
He looks like another new singer. I have a concert video of theirs which featured a different lead singer. That guy sounded just like Steve Perry as well. Seems like there are a lot of them out there.

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
He looks like another new singer. I have a concert video of theirs which featured a different lead singer. That guy sounded just like Steve Perry as well. Seems like there are a lot of them out there.
Yeah. Just what I was thinking too.

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
I would rather see them with a singer who has his own sound. Trying to imitate what they were before seems pretty lame.

FeisalK

FeisalK

Junior Audioholic
I would rather see them with a singer who has his own sound. Trying to imitate what they were before seems pretty lame.
i thought about that too.. perhaps they decided that the vocal sound was integral to the "Journey sound" as a whole. Replacing a bassist, drummer or keyboardist with another bassist, drummer or keyboardist won't dramatically change the band, but a signature guitarist tone might, and the voice is another instrument

Come to think of it the reason Journey sounds like Journey is mostly the distinctive vocals; and if they got another sound it would be just like any other band. who knows....

Tarub

Tarub

Senior Audioholic
Come to think of it the reason Journey sounds like Journey is mostly the distinctive vocals; and if they got another sound it would be just like any other band. who knows....
Agreed!

They are on tour in Europe as of now. They will be with Cheap Trick and Heart for their US concert tour. That will awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK

Audioholic Chief
Seen a bumper sticker today that read ' Everybody loves somebody that loves Journey':D

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
i thought about that too.. perhaps they decided that the vocal sound was integral to the "Journey sound" as a whole. Replacing a bassist, drummer or keyboardist with another bassist, drummer or keyboardist won't dramatically change the band, but a signature guitarist tone might, and the voice is another instrument

Remember, Journey made two good albums before Perry joined them. (My personal favorites of theirs, in fact.)

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Just another 70's band. I guess the royalties stop coming in and there are bills to pay!:p

Shadow_Ferret

Shadow_Ferret

Audioholic Chief
For me and I think a lot of others says that Steve Perry is the best voice on all male vocalist.
No. Not at all. I think he's one of the worst and I recall when he first came out Rolling Stone constantly said he sounded like Mini Mouse. Greg Rolie was a lot better vocalist than Perry.
Just another 70's band. I guess the royalties stop coming in and there are bills to pay!:p
Considering that's when the greatest rock music was produced, that's a compliment.

C

cutter

Audioholic
journey concert

I saw Def Leppard/Journey two summers ago, and it was great! The Journey lead man was like the replacements' replacement replacement-- third or fourth string guy, but he was awesome! Anyway, I already have my tickets to see Journey/Heart/Cheap Trick-- what can I say, I'm a child of the 80's, and proud of it!!

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I am a huge Journey fan but their CDs sound so bad on a good system that I cant stand to listen. Sounds good in my car so BOSE must be ok for something...

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
I am a huge Journey fan but their CDs sound so bad on a good system that I cant stand to listen.
If they're recent releases they have been remastered to today's very hot standards. About a year or so ago I bought every Journey CD in one order because previously I only had the Greatest Hits. They are definitely hot but for the most part sound ok.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Maybe I should try again, the ones I have are originals from many, many years ago. I ripped them all into my music collection (WAV files, like I do all my music) and tried to listen but they sound horrible.
If they're recent releases they have been remastered to today's very hot standards. About a year or so ago I bought every Journey CD in one order because previously I only had the Greatest Hits. They are definitely hot but for the most part sound ok.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis