Journey to the Center of the Earth 3D: 3D issues

mpompey

mpompey

Senior Audioholic
I admit it I bought the DVD. I didn't see it in the theatre and the 3-D glasses made me nostalgic for when I was a kid.

Did anybody else buy this DVD? I thought the 3-d effects were cool. However in some places it seems they images were not done correctly and the red and cyan didn't produce the correct effect. Particularly noticeable was the T-Rex chase in the beginning. Did anybody else have this issue? Or is it my DLP projector?

Other parts of the DVD were fine though.

The Dali

The Dali

Audioholic
I can't help you on your question, but how was the movie overall?

B

bruin62

Full Audioholic
I was thinking of buying this movie. but I was wondeing would a 3D movie be better on a projector? or just watching it on a plazma?

Lightning Steve

Lightning Steve

Audioholic
I was looking to get this but the BD version was delayed.
Instead I got the movie Polar Express on BD with the 3D. I had saw this movie last winter for the first time after getting my HD PVR and really enjoyed it.
There are the same problems with the 3D in this movie as mpompey said about "Journey". At times with the character to close (to the screen) the effect would be off, but things in the distance looked quite good. It's really just a novelty and wouldn't want to watch movies all the time like this but it is kind of a neat way to see it.

mpompey

mpompey

Senior Audioholic
The movie itself was so-so. Without the novelty of the 3-D effect I wouldn't have bought it. Even though it comes with a Widescreen 2-D version on the flip side of the DVD, the film isn't worth it. I'd give it a C+.

From what I've been reading online the Red/Green 3-D effect is a novelty really, there are better technologies out there but there are hardly any home video releases to really take advantage of it.

It was cool to sit and watch it with the family and hearing the boys scream when things popped of the screen. The glasses did give me a bit of a headache the next day though. But its not like I'm going to be watching this again anytime soon.

B

bruin62

Full Audioholic
I bought an watched this last night I liked the 3d effect my ten year old really liked it. then I sent him to bed an watched hell ride, that should of been in 3d!!!!!!

P

Panjsheri

Audioholic
I admit it I bought the DVD. I didn't see it in the theatre and the 3-D glasses made me nostalgic for when I was a kid.

Did anybody else buy this DVD? I thought the 3-d effects were cool. However in some places it seems they images were not done correctly and the red and cyan didn't produce the correct effect. Particularly noticeable was the T-Rex chase in the beginning. Did anybody else have this issue? Or is it my DLP projector?

Other parts of the DVD were fine though.
Sorry to hear about your issue with the movie but I purchased the Blu Ray disc and have had no issues with the 3D and absolutely love it:D This is actually the fist movie I have seen in 3D and now I wish all adventure movies were made in 3D!!! But I do agree that if it were not 3D then I might not have purchased it...when I saw the reaction on my families face watching this movie I ahd to buy it and I cant wait for the next one to come out:)

Lightning Steve

Lightning Steve

Audioholic
Couldn't find this on BD so had to settle for the SD version. As far as it being just a movie it was so so, I much prefer the original one. But I found the "3D" aspect very well done. I don't know if the improvement is due to the orange/green glasses (usual is red/blue) but the effect was pretty good. It seems to look better than the Polar Express 3D, don't know if this is just due to animated vs. real or if it's just the differance in 3D prosses. The "out word" 3D effect is okay but I found the "in word" effect quite good. All in all it was a neat movie experience and glad to have it in the collection.

I.Canton

I.Canton

Audioholic Intern
This is actually the very first 3D movie I've ever seen (I know, pretty sad) and I quite enjoyed the effect; I felt it was more than a gimick, which is appreciated, and not so overblown as to become annoying.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis