JBL SB-300 Soundbar System Overview

H

HTKamikazee

Audioholics Sheriff
I must admit that I'm not a fan of soundbars systems... I've never been one. But being an audioholic makes me want to learn more about them, even when I don't expect to own one any time soon. Having said that, I do have friends who are interested in buying some soundbars systems and I've been checking some models to help them make their choice. As a JBL fan, I have been reading about several models the JBL SB-300 Soundbar System is among those systems. Check it out!
SB 300 001_3000x3000_300dpi_dvHAMaster.jpg
SB 300 002_dvHAMaster.jpg SB 300 006_dvHAMaster.jpg SB 300 003_dvHAMaster.jpg
The SB-300 features dual 2-inch midrange transducers and a 1-inch dome tweeter. These speakers are in charge of delivering the action while a wireless, 100-watt, downward-driving 8-inch subwoofer takes care of the lower bass notes. Like several other models on the market, the SB-300 features 3D surround-sound processing to create an immersive environment from just 2.1 audio channels. It has been magnetically shielded, it is wall mountable and includes IR remote for convenience.

In order to learn more about these systems, I managed to audition some similar ones from JBL and I have to say that I was surprised. The sound coming from those little speakers was not what I'm used to hear from my own system, but I have to say that it wasn't bad either. In fact, I was pretty impressed by their performance. So if you are thinking about getting a soundbar system, make sure you get to audition some models before making your final decision.

You know what? After reading and learning about these systems, and while I'm still not a big fan, I must say that I've come to realize and understand why people like these systems. One of their most notable advantages of is their ability to blend in and fit most livingrooms and/or bedroom without taking too much space. Check out the following features and specifications for more details and let me know what you think!

FEATURES:
  • Magnetically shielded
  • Wall Mountable
  • High gloss finish for a more stylish look
  • 3D surround processing
  • Optimized performance
  • 100-watt, wireless, powered, down-firing subwoofer
  • Versatile front soundbar
  • IR remote control
  • Dual input connections
  • Modern design
  • Streamlined curves and minimal footprint
SPECIFICATIONS:
  • Subwoofer Maximum Recommended Amplifier Power: 100W
  • Subwoofer Frequency Response: 42Hz - 200Hz
  • Speaker Maximum Recommended Amplifier Power: 30W per channel
  • Speaker Frequency Response: 42Hz - 20kHz (–3dB)
  • Power Requirement: 120V - 240V AC, 50Hz/60Hz, 160W
  • Number of Channels: 2.1
  • System Weight (lb): 30
  • Power Consumption (Full Power/Idle):160W maximum; 1W standby
  • System Frequency Response: 42Hz-20kHz (-3dB)
  • Subwoofer Power Requirement: 120V-240V, 50Hz/60Hz, 160W
  • Subwoofer Enclosure Type: Port (down-firing)
  • Subwoofer Controls: Level, Phase, Cutoff Frequency
  • Subwoofer Low-Frequncy Transducer: 8" (200mm) cone, down-firing
  • Subwoofer Connections: LFE input, left and right RCA line-level inputs
  • Speaker Controls: Volume, Surround Mode
  • Speaker High-Frequency Transducer: One 1" (25mm) dome per channel, video-shielded
  • Speaker Low-Frequency Transducer: Two 2" (51mm) cones per channel, video-shielded
  • Control and Connection: Analog- left and right RCA, Digital- Tos Link optical
PRICE: $499.95

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis