JBL SA750 User experiences

T

Tweaked

Junior Audioholic
I've been searching and I can't find hardly any user reviews of the JBL SA750 Integrated Amplifier. I was hoping to find a few users here on this forum who could relate their experience with it.

T

Tweaked

Junior Audioholic
Is there really no one on these forums who owns one of these and is willing to share their experience?

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Is there really no one on these forums who owns one of these and is willing to share their experience?
I highly doubt anyone on this forum has one of those units.

However a word of advice. Don't go looking for subjective reviews, either professional or user.
They are worthless and less than useless to select audio. A selective review is only worth its salt if backed up by measurements.

The speakers and the room they are on are totally dominant in how a system sounds. So a subjective review is really a review of their speakers

I do have a couple of comments on the unit.

The power supply is class G. They are power supplies that adapt voltage to power demands. These power supplies have a history of a higher failure rate than more traditional designs. In my view they are a complication that is just not necessary.

The other issue is that while the unit does have preouts, they are full range. There is no bass management. In this day and age bass management is important.

So you can connect a sub to the preout, but there will only be the bass on one channel on each preout. So I would bet that if you connect them together the whole unit will be mono as I bet they are unbuffered. So you would have to use a sub with discrete right and left inputs.

So the main speakers will still be full range, and if they are not bass capable they will be stressed and not perform well. The sub would then supplement the mains below their F3.

These days, bass management, really is part of the basics. People now are just used to hearing the last octave. Speaker manufacturers know this, and are tending to make their speakers less bass capable as they assume sub usage, with bass management.

Overall I would rate that unit as poor value for money, and not something I could recommend.

Knowing this membership I would think it extremely unlikely any member owns one.

ban25

ban25

Audioholic
If you want something similar, maybe the Yamaha R-N2000A or NAD C 3050?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis