jbl or polk match with yamaha?

L

lw532

Enthusiast
I've scrapped my original plan for the home theatre. I will now have a yamaha xvr-650 receiver and am wondering what to match it with. Originally it was the Paradigm cinema 110's and two paradigm outdoor speakers. Due to the shape and furniture arrangement of the room, this is no longer ideal. I'm now looking at polk and jbl speakers mainly because I can get a free sub if I spend so much money. The new set-up will include a little bigger fronts and center with in-ceiling rear surrounds, and outdoor speakers for around the same price as the paradigm system. The set-up is why I need the in-ceiling speakers. If anyone has any thoughts or advice plllllease let me have it. I'm sick of shopping and researching.

Thanks

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
Paradigm are very good match for Yamaha and so is Yamaha's own NS-333/555/777 series of speakers which are truly the best value for money one can find.

N

nm2285

Senior Audioholic
Which sub? If the subs not worthwhile, mine as well not limit your speaker options

L

lw532

Enthusiast
Polk sub PSW10 and the JBL is a PB8. I realize these are far from top of the line but they fit my budget and allow me to get bookshelf speakers rather than the HTIB satelites.

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
lw,
I've actually tried hard not to like the JBLs and Polks but every time I hear them I like what I hear. I'm not advising to run out and buy simply because of a carrot in the form of a free sub as I'm undecided about speakers myself. But you posed this question probably 2 months before I would have. The Polk/JBL option is a tempting one. Not sure about you but up here everybody sells them. Not that thats a good thing but it puts doubt in my mind when I know I like the sound of these and have limited ability to demo the more highly touted brands like Paradigm as often as the more "common" brands.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis