P

PierreIsHere

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>I bought them reicently and can't find any reviews. Any comments?

Details:

Jamo D7PEX comprises of 5 main speakers, 2 Surround and 1 Subwoofer, I added another Sub so now I have 7.2 THX Ultra 2 Certified Speakers.

I posted a question about which receiver shall I get in the A/V Receivers and Amps section.

Everything is 4 ohms.

The mains each called D7 LCR:

System: 3 Way closed, shielded
Frequency Range: 80-40000Hz
Woofer: 2x5.5&quot;
Midrange: 2x2.5&quot;
Tweeter: 1&quot; DCD
Power handling: Short/Long 200/400W

The Surrounds D7 SUR:

System: 3 Way, Dipole
Frequency Range: 80-40000Hz
Woofer: 5.5&quot;
Midrange: 4x2.5&quot;
Tweeter: 2x1&quot; DCD
Power handling: Short/Long 100/250W

The Subwoofers D7 SUR:

System: Elec. subwoofer closed, MFB
Frequency Range: 20-200Hz
Woofer: 15&quot;
Amp. Rated Output: 400W/700W peak
Upper cutoff: Adj. 40-200Hz
Maximum SPL (&lt;2%THD): 109dB
Phase: Adjustable 0-180 Degrees

I bought them based on the performance of their successors the D6 serries, they had to order them and I received half the shipment so far, I connected 2 mains and a sub to my Sony STR-777ES, and very delighted with the outcome so far.

The price for the 9 speakers is 9000$.

I'm thinking Denon AVR-5803.</font>

P

PierreIsHere

Enthusiast
<font color='#0000FF'>Room Dimentions/Volume:

Main:

19.03x19.03x8.14 = 2946.1

Opening:

8.37(Opening)x7.71x8.14 = 524.81

Carpet, false ceiling.</font>

<font color='#000000'>That's a pretty decent room. Should sound good (without knowing anything else, the carpet and flat ceiling are good things to have, although if the room is too dead, you will have a hard time &quot;livening&quot; it up - without pulling up carpet.)

Enjoy your system!</font>

P

PierreIsHere

Enthusiast
<font color='#0000FF'>I've read all the recommendations regarding 4/8ohms setup on the receiver/amp. It should always be set to 8ohms with proper ventilation for optimum performance regardless if the speakers are rated 4 or 8 ohms.

My question, is there an advantage of a speaker rated 4 ohms over one that's rated 8 ohms? If 8 ohms are easier to drive, do 4 ohms perform better if you have enough driving power?

My 2nd concern: my speakers are 4 ohms (referring to the above Jamos), the frequency response is 80-20000Hz, I always thought that the higher I set the cutoff frequency, the more authority would the speakers have for the midrange, and it's good preserving the speakers on the long run, but since even low frequencies as low as 80 Hz are a bit directional, what is the ideal setup:

1. Speaker low cutoff at 80 Hz (the limit), Subs high Cutoff at 80Hz?

2. Speaker low cutoff 100 Hz, Subs High cut off 100 Hz

Or is it ok to overlap:

3. Speaker low cutoff 90 Hz, Subs High cut off 100 Hz

I know it's impossible to suggest the ideal setup, since the most important thing is the listening experience and some lack of information, but some guidelines would be helpful and much appreciated.</font>

P

PierreIsHere

Enthusiast
<font color='#0000FF'>By the way, thank you Hawke &nbsp;

Best regards,</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis