James Loudspeaker help

M

madlin

Audiophyte
Hi, first time poster. I'm building a new room in our house and am very interested in what I think is a very good deal I've been offered on a complete James Loudspeaker in-wall and in-ceiling system. I heard it and it sounds great at least compared to all the other in-walls I've heard. The fronts are a discontinued model, and were used as a demo, which doesn't necessarily bother me at all since I've heard them and liked them, but would love to hear from someone familiar with James as I have a couple questions about these speakers which I can't find answers to online.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
The best place to get information about discontinued James Loudspeakers models is going to be from James Loudspeakers. I doubt many of the regular posters will be familiar with their older lines. I hope you have better luck getting in touch with James Loudspeakers than I was able to.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
In-ceiling speakers CAN be a severe compromise in sound quality. Not sure what kind of 'deal' you are getting, but also keep in mind how much work is involved for installing in-ceiling surrounds.

Just playing devil's advocate in case this is over $1000!

M

madlin

Audiophyte
Ha, yeah, I've called them a few times and been told I'd get a call back but it hasn't happened.

Hookedonc4

Hookedonc4

Audioholic
If you listened to them and in your words they are great and sound better than all other inwalls you should not have issue.

More than likely they will bring you great listening pleasure for many years.

As said earlier most people on this site don't own James speakers and have not even heard of them so good luck in your decision and if I can help PM me.

If this person is a dealer you should have no issues.

If you don't purchase PM me his contact info.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis