Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
Purchase Yamaha gear, and get gift cards back.

IE, purchase the Yamaha 5890 receiver:
$699 with free shipping. Receive a $200 J&R gift card to purchase a Yamaha SW-315 10" 42lb. subwoofer for $299. Get $100 J&R gift card back for dvds/interconnects, etc... So you basically get the receiver and sub for $698 shipped. That's what you'll pay for a B stock Denon 3805. Not too bad! Keep in mind how hard it is to find an authorized online Yamaha dealer.

http://www.jr.com/JRSectionView.process?Section_Path=/Promos/Promo20/&JRSource=email.yamaha.10122005

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
A guy on another forum compared the 5890 to the 1015 in his setup and said the Yammie had more balls for the price. IMO, that IS a good deal, though as a former owner of a Yamaha sub, I'd sell the 315 without opening the box.

furrycute

furrycute

Banned
What's wrong with the Yamaha sub? I have been thinking about picking up a Yamaha 10inch or 12inch sub myself.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
furrycute said:
What's wrong with the Yamaha sub? I have been thinking about picking up a Yamaha 10inch or 12inch sub myself.
I used to own the YST-SW500. It was great because it had a remote and memory for saving various settings, but as a sub, it wasn't that great for the price. There are better subs out there in the same price range.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis