It's disheartening that nobody mentioned this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
what causes this? The people that are screwing over people get scared and want to get along. When the fear subsides,
it’s back to business as usual.

Until the next tragedy.

Last edited:
ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Please forgive my cynicism, but starting about 1-1/2 months later, we then started spying on American Citizens, as well as eroding other Constitutional Protections, too. :confused:

All of this was heinous: the act itself, and the response. Sure, people bought all the flags that were available, and for a few days, everyone was seemingly beautifully united... But soon, too, the flipside was exposed, and people who had nothing to do with 9/11 were subjected to bigotry and hatred not so becoming of the free country that was. For example, how many Sikhs were harassed, even attacked or MURDERED, because of their cultural identity?

What's been done cannot be undone. Even most of the Patriot Act seems to be alive and kicking in various ways, even though it was supposed to sunset in Dec. 2005.

Frankly, I miss the America of 9/10.

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
Sadly, some people did some things" that proved our wide eyed ideal that we sen't in 'Kansas anymore. Toto, aid "some people" want us destroyed. We should do nothing?

And, it seems they are still out there formulating plans for the future of our country.

https://crtxnews.com/22-islamic-jihad-training-camps-america-one-state/?fbclid=IwAR1hCFRL2ik8JO4YCXhQ5i0DlY_5PVa3iect1TjWNaHL6fi04y8niTxMfl0
Oops....You did it again! Started a thread about American citizens response to 9/11 with a pretty poster, draped in the flag...
and before the third response you are arguing the government response!
Man, you are a sharp guy!

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Oops....You did it again! Started a thread about American citizens response to 9/11 with a pretty poster, draped in the flag...
and before the third response you are arguing the government response!
Man, you are a sharp guy!
I'm just waiting for his xenophobic and racist posts, along with odious [edit: added] personal attacks, that the moderators will delete later.

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
For example, how many Sikhs were harassed, even attacked or MURDERED, because of their cultural identity?

What's been done cannot be undone. Even most of the Patriot Act seems to be alive and kicking in various ways, even though it was supposed to sunset in Dec. 2005.

Frankly, I miss the America of 9/10.
The Sikhs were killed because of stupidity, anger, ignorance and an inability to control violent impulses. These are common problems in people who carry out mass shootings, too.

The media have a lot to answer for in this- they pit one group against others, get peoples' blood boiling and in the last election cycle, they tried to tell the public who should receive their vote. After the results were in, they couldn't understand how they could have been wrong about who would win and every major news outlet had their 'top people' sitting there, dumbfounded. Those people are paid big money to advance the agenda of their employers, too. As much as people like to blame the Russians for influencing the election, it could be argued that the media's influence had an affect on people straddling the fence, making them go to Trump, rather than Hillary.

Social media are also to blame. People seem to have lost the ability to debate calmly, yet passionately, without resorting to insults and threats. When someone can launch a tirade within seconds of reading something that pisses them off without thinking of reading it to consider scaling it back, said debate goes off the rails.

Congress passed the Patriot Act, Congress has let it continue, along with extending and enhancing it through the NDAA- if we are to move in a positive direction, Congress needs to be made to understand that they work for The People, not the government.

Last edited:
Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
The Sikhs were killed because of stupidity, anger, ignorance and an inability to control violent impulses. These are common problems in people who carry out mass shootings, to
The media have a lot to answer for in this- they pit one group against others, get peoples' blood boiling and in the last election cycle, they tried to tell the public who should receive their vote. After the results were in, they couldn't understand how they could have been wrong about who would win and every major news outlet had their 'top people' sitting there, dumbfounded. Those people are paid big money to advance the agenda of their employers, too. As much as people like to blame the Russians for influencing the election, it could be argued that the media's influence had an affect on people straddling the fence, making them go to Trump, rather than Hillary.

Social media are also to blame. People seem to have lost the ability to debate calmly, yet passionately, without resorting to insults and threats. When someone can launch a tirade within seconds of reading something that pisses them off without thinking of reading it to consider scaling it back, said debate goes off the rails.

Congress passed the Patriot Act, Congress has let it continue, along with extending and enhancing it through the NDAA- if we are to move in a positive direction, Congress needs to be made to understand that they work for The People, not the government.
Respectfully disagree. America voted its conscience and values, and instead of looking in the mirror, the play is to demonize the media (mass and social).

You “could argue” any position you like, but DT is the most unqualified person ever to hold office, America voted for a tv star, I saw this in California with Arnold.
What policies did DT advance that got him elected?
Make America Great Again? Build that Wall, Drain the Swamp, Crooked Hilary, lying Ted, Grab them by the P***y, mocking people with disabilities, all this lead to unprecedented support from the “Christian White, I mean Right,”

Trust me you haven’t seen anything yet! When he gets re-elected it will get worse.

I said it here or in another forum before the election, America voted for the candidate that most embodied its values and morality. I respect the vote, but be honest, own your choice.
The devil didn’t make you(America) do it.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Sikhs were killed because ignorant people don't know the difference between an Indian Sikh's turban and and an arab muslim's Keffiyeh

Last edited:
S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Sikhs were killed because ignorant people don't know the difference between an Indian Sikh's turban and and an arab's Keffiyeh
Sikhs were killed because nationalists and reactionaries are rotten, evil people.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Wow. Tough audience.

I truly feel bad for the innocent Sikhs who were mistakenly targeted because of ignorance. The ones I've worked with truly honorable people,

I wish those ignorant, but well meaning, fools would have more accurately identified their targets.

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

Respectfully disagree. America voted its conscience and values, and instead of looking in the mirror, the play is to demonize the media (mass and social).

You “could argue” any position you like, but DT is the most unqualified person ever to hold office, America voted for a tv star, I saw this in California with Arnold.
What policies did DT advance that got him elected?
Make America Great Again? Build that Wall, Drain the Swamp, Crooked Hilary, lying Ted, Grab them by the P***y, mocking people with disabilities, all this lead to unprecedented support from the “Christian White, I mean Right,”

Trust me you haven’t seen anything yet! When he gets re-elected it will get worse.

I said it here or in another forum before the election, America voted for the candidate that most embodied its values and morality. I respect the vote, but be honest, own your choice.
The devil didn’t make you(America) do it.
The country had two choices, both bad, each was seen as unacceptable by the other side. I don't actually like Trump, but I REALLY dislike and have no trust in Hillary. She's far too ambitious and let her shame go, in her attempt to reach a position of great power.

Sure- take the easy way by bashing me for going after the media- they never influence anything, right? The media got Obama elected. If you don't understand that, there's no point in debating with you. I liked what he was saying until he started talking about wealth redistribution and no POTUS has the right or the power to do that.

If the country had elected Hillary (she only won 500 counties, out of a total of 3100, BTW),I can't imagine where we would be and it's impossible to say with any certainty.

I haven't seen anything yet? I'm 62- I have seen plenty! Not as much as many, but more than I wanted to.

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

Sikhs were killed because nationalists and reactionaries are rotten, evil people.
The Sikhs in the Phoenix area were killed by a redneck who probably had too many common members on both sides of the family twig- that was out of stupidity.

The Sikhs who were killed in Oak Creek, WI were killed by someone who was originally from Colorado, had been in the military (demoted, then discharged), had lost jobs because of drinking and had joined a group called the Hammerskins, also had ties to White Supremicists and neo Nazi groups. Those are not large groups, they're on the fringe and regardless of who's running, they're NOT going to vote for a Democrat.

I listened to the news reports for this incident on that morning and the son of the leader of the facility was talking with a local TV station as it was happening- I can't imagine being in his position; at one point, he told them he had to go because he had just found out that his father was mortally wounded. The shooter shot the officer who was first on the scene fifteen times, including in the throat- that officer survived, but it has been a long road for him. The killer was shot in the hip and decided to end his own life. Total POS.

You're right- people who fit your definition of 'nationalist' and reactionaries ARE rotten, evil people. The ones who kill because someone is in the 'other' demographic are stupid, hateful and have probably never met more than a couple of those whom they think they hate, if they have even met any. Those who go around saying things about others out of ignorance need some good, hard lessons about who's causing problems, who's not and why they're wrong.

You can make assumptions about people who voted for Trump, but you would be very wrong in most cases. There's nothing wrong with wanting this country to succeed and improve.

highfigh

highfigh

Wow. Tough audience.

I truly feel bad for the innocent Sikhs who were mistakenly targeted because of ignorance. The ones I've worked with truly honorable people,

I wish those ignorant, but well meaning, fools would have more accurately identified their targets.
I would like for them to have just stayed at home.

"Well meaning"? Are you insane?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
The Sikhs in the Phoenix area were killed by a redneck who probably had too many common members on both sides of the family twig- that was out of stupidity.
I knew one of the guys who was shot and killed in the Phoenix area. His family owns and operates a gas station convenience store right down the street from a good friend of mine and they knew me well from more beer runs than I can even remember. It was a huge deal in the community and there was a huge outpouring of sympathy and offers of help.

It's not like I was buddies with the guy, but I knew who he was well enough that we were on a first name basis. One of the ugliest things that has happened to someone I know. Folks wanted the shooter brought to justice asap and I believe they got him within a meaningful period of time iirc.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Condoning the blind murder of Muslims? I'm locking this thread. This isn't Stormfront or Fox Nation. I will leave it to another moderator to determine if this is a bannable offense, but in my view, it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis