Is this echo normal?

S

Sekki

Audiophyte
Hey everyone just signed up just now and hoping to get some answers since I'm a noobie with speaker systems.

I recently purchased a Refurbished Klipsch RP-140SA upfiring Atmos speaker pair and as the title of this post states is this echo normal? Bought 5 speakers along with the RP-140SA and only the Atmos speakers have this lingering sound after music/movies are paused. Need to know so I can figure out if I should return these Refurbished speakers. Hopefully the echo comes through and you can hear it. Thanks!

Last edited:
TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Hey everyone just signed up just now and hoping to get some answers since I'm a noobie with speaker systems.

I recently purchased a Refurbished Klipsch RP-140SA upfiring Atmos speaker pair and as the title of this post states is this echo normal? Bought 5 speakers along with the RP-140SA and only the Atmos speakers have this lingering sound after music/movies are paused. Need to know so I can figure out if I should return these Refurbished speakers. Hopefully the echo comes through and you can hear it. Thanks!

That does not sound normal, but the speakers are not to blame or the cause. Something is wrong in your set up, but don't ask me what.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Might want to expand on the gear used and what you did to setup and speaker positioning, pics of the whole room etc.

S

Sekki

Audiophyte
Problem solved from another forum I asked as well. Was a receiver option doing it called accureflex. Once turned off no more echo!

Last edited:
TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Problem solved from another forum I asked as well. Was a receiver option doing it called accureflex. Once turned off no more echo!
Current receivers really are a bigger bunch of junk than they ever have been before.

hemiram

hemiram

Full Audioholic
A couple of times with each of my last three AVRs I've gotten "lost" and turned something on (mostly) or off (a couple of times) that has caused it to sound really bad. On my current one, a Yamaha TRS-7810, the "Expander" on Net radio made it sound awful. I kept saving the "Scene", but it didn't seem to stick until I did the first firmware update Yamaha put out after I got it. No more "expander", and I'm happy now.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
A couple of times with each of my last three AVRs I've gotten "lost" and turned something on (mostly) or off (a couple of times) that has caused it to sound really bad. On my current one, a Yamaha TRS-7810, the "Expander" on Net radio made it sound awful. I kept saving the "Scene", but it didn't seem to stick until I did the first firmware update Yamaha put out after I got it. No more "expander", and I'm happy now.
The straight button on the Yamaha remote at least gets rid of dsp but there are other funky settings like that one.... Ya the worst pitfall I found on my pair of 2016 Yamahas is the musiCast app which when engaged, automatically turns off lip sync delay function on the receivers so the only way to get lip sync function enabled again without resetting the AVR is through the app (can’t do it from the regular remotes). ...and anyone like me with with a newer Samsung TV requires lip sync delay... Took me a bit of google-fu to find the one and only forum post on that one... LOL :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis