Is this a good idea?

Takeereasy

Takeereasy

Audioholic General
I have an entry level HT system with small satellite speakers, each containing 4" drivers and 3/4" tweets. The system came with 2 8" subs (one thrown in for free, one in the box). What I have done is run one sub via an LFE output on my receiver, and the other sub is run to the L and R channels on back of the receiver and to the L and R speakers themselves. I have set my front speaker settings to large, and set the crossover on the sub to 120. I did this to try and get a fuller sound from my fronts and I have to admit the result is a marked improvement. That said I am wondering about a couple of things. Can this set up do any harm? Also my receiver has 2 LFE outs, I was wondering if it would be alright to run this sub to it and to the fronts at the same time? Would I be better off just running both subs to the LFE outs.

Please let me know your thoughts or opinions.
Thanks

W

Willow

Audioholic Intern
usually you must connect the fronts throught the sub when you have a sub sat system, and no this should not do any harm to your system I hope both subs are powered so they don't drain you amp

Takeereasy

Takeereasy

Audioholic General
Thanks Willow, I appreciate the response. Both Subs are powered, but I was a little worried because the speaker manuals themselves indicated that the setup I did was for pro logic only. I figured since I had two subs, why not give it a try.

Thanks again for taking a load off my mind.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis