Is there going to be a new BenQ projector to replace the LK970 and LK990?

• Thread starter cameron paterson
  • Start date
C

cameron paterson

Audioholic Chief
Is BenQ going to make a new projector to replace the LK970 and LK990? I know there is an LU9800 but it doesn't have the resolution that the LK970 or LK990 has. Do the LK970 and LK990 outperform the LU9800 for movies and gaming? Does BenQ have another laser projector comparable to the LK970 and the LK990? Thanks for your time guys!

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Is BenQ going to make a new projector to replace the LK970 and LK990? I know there is an LU9800 but it doesn't have the resolution that the LK970 or LK990 has. Do the LK970 and LK990 outperform the LU9800 for movies and gaming? Does BenQ have another laser projector comparable to the LK970 and the LK990? Thanks for your time guys!
Projector Central would be your best bet for these questions, quicker, IMHO.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
BenQ, as is often the case, doesn't publish much information on upcoming models. This is typical for many manufacturers until a product has a set release date. I would expect that BenQ will have a production 4K model at some point, but how soon that would be is an unknown.

There are a lot of manufacturers who are making bright DLP models which are alternatives to the BenQ models.
https://www.projectorcentral.com/projectors.cfm?g=2&r=1017&br=6000&br=10000&ltg=101&dt=3.0.0&exp2=1&vls=1&oop=3#list

Digital Projection, Barco, and Panasonic are going to hit more towards the high end, while LG and Optoma also have options which slot into the same space as those BenQ models. This model, specifically, is one that I would very seriously consider as a drop in replacement option:

C

cameron paterson

Audioholic Chief
The Panasonic is a 1920x1080 resolution though right?

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
What about the Epson LS12000 Laser 4K 2700-Lumen?
I assume this isn't for home theater use, but business use or a very large screen beyond the ability of the Epson. I'm not actually sure what the specifics are for use, but was putting out a comparable model which would appear quite similar.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I assume this isn't for home theater use, but business use or a very large screen beyond the ability of the Epson. I'm not actually sure what the specifics are for use, but was putting out a comparable model which would appear quite similar.
Oh the BenQ 990 is a 6000-lumen. In that case, I would look at the Epson EB-PU1006 6000-Lumen 4K Laser or EB-PU1007 7000-Lumen or EB-PU1008 8000-Lumen.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis