Is there a power conditioner that would regulate frequency?

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Audio equipment isn't like a synchronous motor- its performance doesn't depend on frequency and in fact, the only reason AC of any frequency is used is so transformers can be used to increase the voltage for transmission and distribution so a slight variation isn't destructive to most equipment.

Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay

Audioholic
And from the PS Audio site, their first comment about one of their power cords- "'The PerfectWave AC12 is the best sounding power cable in the PerfectWave line."

Is that right?
ps said:
This quad-shielded design is made with eight-gauge single-crystal copper, the purest form of the metal in the world, for optimal performance. Its low-noise, high-speed design stems from five patents and years of listening tests. More than an accessory, AC-12 acts a serious component. AC-12 delivers deep, controlled bass with sublime levels of power and definition. High-frequency extension becomes sweeter, clearer, and more ethereal. With AC-12 connected to your components, voices, instruments, and atmospheric effects sound thrillingly realistic and lifelike. Don't pass up this chance to improve your entire music library and system. Your satisfaction is backed by our 100% Money-Back Guarantee.

Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay

Audioholic
You would need to ask PS audio for more detail about the listening tests.

Personally, I don't subscribe to the audibility of expensive cables, but the engineer in me also says that it's possible under specific conditions for cables to make a difference to real world measurements. The engineer in me also says that the better the design of an amplifier the more cable invariant it becomes.

Speedskater

Speedskater

Audioholic General
I doubt that any of the PS tests are repeatable or reproducible.

Personally, I don't subscribe to the audibility of expensive cables, but the engineer in me also says that it's possible under specific conditions for cables to make a difference to real world measurements.
It's possible that in rare situations, changing the power cord could make a difference. Power cords have been known to act as interference antennas, but it's not likely.

The engineer in me also says that the better the design of an amplifier the more cable invariant it becomes.
Exactly.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I HIGHLY doubt that those cables are really a single perfect crystal of Cu.

But, it really is a moot point b/c the crystal structure has absolutely nothing to do with how electricity moves through copper! It is the electrons in the outer orbital that allow for Cu to conduct electricity.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan

Personally, I don't subscribe to the audibility of expensive cables, but the engineer in me also says that it's possible under specific conditions for cables to make a difference to real world measurements. The engineer in me also says that the better the design of an amplifier the more cable invariant it becomes.
As you say, it's possible for expensive cables to make a difference in real world measurements, but you won't hear any difference. It's just marketing BS and a waste of money.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis