Is sub under stage a bad idea? Please advise

T

ttellez

Audiophyte
I am setting up a home theater system in a media room. The size of the room is 17' wide x 20' deep. It's going pretty well but I was wanting to put the sub out of sight. There is an 18" high 24" deep stage that is below the screen. It will be carpeted on top with wood paneling on front. The stage is stickly for looks. I was wondering about putting the sub under the stage and then leaving a hole in the front (with material over it of course) for the sound to come through. Is this a good idea or bad idea. Please advise!!

X

Xsound

Full Audioholic
Probalby depends on the sub. There are subs that are desinge to be installed in wall, cabinets, etc. The subs are designed so that the extra cabinet created by, in your case, the stage won't mess with the sound.

How much cash you lookin got spend?

X

Mr. Lamb Fries

Mr. Lamb Fries

Full Audioholic
Do you already have the sub? what kind is it? If not, I would suggest building an Infinite baffle type subwoofer and use the platform/stage as your subwoofer...If your just little handy with tools, this project would be easy to build. you could get a lot more performance and it would blend into the room seemlessly.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
im sorry I wasnt able to reply to your pm ... but I really dont have any experience with dedicated HT setups.

there are also wall mounted subs available from Velodyne and Parasound if you dont have the sub yet.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis