Is Phillips a good vintage amp?

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Well dang. Then I'll wait to set up up. I may have to wait until tomorrow night or Saturday. Too busy. I only had a couple minutes because I am working. Thx for stopping me before I went too far.
10 ft. will be OK for a temporary hookup, but it will affect SQ and there will be HF loss. So it is not a permanent solution.

I have three turntables in my AV room that are quite a long way from the pre/pro, but they all have their own preamps each under a turntable with the optimal wire length.

The one on the left plays LPs and 78s

That is a real blast from the past!

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
10 ft. will be OK for a temporary hookup, but it will affect SQ and there will be HF loss. So it is not a permanent solution.

I have three turntables in my AV room that are quite a long way from the pre/pro, but they all have their own preamps each under a turntable with the optimal wire length.

The one on the left plays LPs and 78s

That is a real blast from the past!
Holy buckets. What a system!

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
The guy put 5-way binding posts on the main zone speakers outs. Nice.

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
So, night and day difference from my Yamaha RX A1060 AVR. I set the Yam on direct (no sub) and played a Steely Dan record. Then switched over to the Kenwood and played the same LP and there was a big, obvious difference. My Forte II's came alive with bass like I have never ever heard from them.
So, yeah, it will stay hooked up to them. I have a set of upgraded Minimus 77's with 5" metal cone woofers that I am going to use as mains for my home theater instead of the Forte II's now. I think they will actually be good speakers for home theater mains, except they are white, so I will paint them black.
Now with the Kenwood, I am actually going pure two channel for music as opposed to 2.1. I am pretty sure most audiophiles would smile.

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
Since the Kenwood is too nice on an amp not to use, I still needed to find one for the other room. I found a Kenwood KA-74 for $75. Going to pick it up now.

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
I got it home and took the cover off and blew the dust out with compressed air. The volume knob was loose, tightened that up, then cleaned it up externally. It is in great shape, no scratches or dings anywhere. Playing Paul Clark's "Hand to the Plow" and it has crisp and clean sound. My KA-7100 is a far better unit, but this will cut the mustard just fine. I think it's 40 wpc. I got a bargain.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis