Is my amp broken???

D

dis

Junior Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>I have a yammy htr-5640 and I discovered a weird thing. I was playing an audio cd in my dvd player which is hooked up to the DVD input on the reciever.

I then switched to the DTV/CBL input by accident and I could still hear the faint wisper of the cd still playing in the background. I upped the volume a little to -20dB and there it was the music from the DVD input was playing on the DTV/CBL input although it didn't sound as good, alot of background noise and static but you could still hear the music.

Is this something normal or should I take my reciever back?</font>

Khellandros66

Khellandros66

Banned
<font color='#000000'>A lot of times sub $800 receivers can do that, its not all that uncommon, I used to work for Best Buy and we'd get asked that al the time. I don't know why, but I do know its happen quite often. &nbsp;I wouldn't worry too much.

:)~

Bob</font>

D

dis

Junior Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>I don't like that, to me that's extra noise. I'd rather return it and put in a little more money and get something good, maybe something that could be used as seperates.</font>

D

dis

Junior Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>Khellandros66,

I returned it, the store wouldn't give me my money back since it was over 30 days, so I got in-store credit.

I plugged in my old H/K AVR 5 until I can figure out what to do and tested it to see if it has the same problem as the yammy...it didn't though I'm not sure what the original street price of this amp was since I got it 2nd hand.</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>dis,

I've noticed the same thing in my receiver (rx-v995) just last week. I could hear a radio broudcast when input set to dvd (dvd turned off or on but not playing) and the volume turned to above (or below) 20db.
I have it now for about 3 years. I too was not happy about it. But I also wandered how I didn't notice this before.

Since then I think I becase hypochondriac about this receiver...</font>

D

dis

Junior Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>I wonder if this bug exists in their entire lineup, gene, if you still have that RX-Z1 from your review would you mind testing to see if this bug exists in that model as well?</font>

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis