Is it possible to install laptop/computer speakers in car ?

M

mountaintrekker

Audiophyte
I have just purchased a small car (Tata Nano) which came without a music system. I was about to purchase two separate music systems for my car and home, then it just clicked in mind to search for possibilities of getting speakers which can be used both in car as well as home. My budget is around INR 10,000 (150 USD).

I also thought of getting wireless/bluetooth speakers from JBL or Sony, but in this budget I can get only 1 good speaker which wont get stereo or surround effects. Therefore, thinking of getting wired speakers in order to save on budget and also no compromise with sound quality.

Suggestions are invited

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Headphones would work both in your car and in your house, and would fit your budget. :) Wearing them while driving isn't advisable though.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Forum Fiend v1.3.1.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
car speakers are not expensive. I bought Infinity cheap and they have good sound. Pair of car speakers shouldn't cost you more that $50
As for head unit - the sky is the limit. I bought slightly older pioneer head since it had the features I needed - HD radio and 3.5mm aux input. I honestly don't care about rest.
India has very vibrant 2nd hand market, i'm sure you could fit some nice for much less than your full budget, especially if you haggle :)

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
For something portable, you could do a DIY project. If nothing else, you could load some drivers into a PVC pipe, like the first reviewer on this page did.

Your best bet, though, is probably to follow BoredSysAdmin's advice and hit the used market for some car speakers and head unit, and find a nice pair of headphones for home until your budget allows for something better. The price / performance ratio for headphones far exceeds that of hifi.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis