Is Earthquake a good brand of speaker and sub?

R

Russdawg1

Full Audioholic
Earthquake is mainly known for their competition car subwoofers. I don’t know how good they are in the home theater category. I would guess they are pretty decent but would get beat out by the normal contenders like HSU and Rythmik

S

Steelers252006

Audioholic
Earthquake is mainly known for their competition car subwoofers. I don’t know how good they are in the home theater category. I would guess they are pretty decent but would get beat out by the normal contenders like HSU and Rythmik
So I finally decided to do something about my home theater itch, called a company where I love called Premier Sound (Myrtle Beach). He pushes Earthquake for the speakers with a Denon 4500 receiver to push it. I told him my budget was $5,000. This setup would be a 5.1.4. I've posted my room on the site before, is pretty "challenging".

R

Russdawg1

Full Audioholic
So I finally decided to do something about my home theater itch, called a company where I love called Premier Sound (Myrtle Beach). He pushes Earthquake for the speakers with a Denon 4500 receiver to push it. I told him my budget was $5,000. This setup would be a 5.1.4. I've posted my room on the site before, is pretty "challenging".
I don’t know about your specific situation but I’m almost sure you could do way better than Earthquake speakers and a Denon X4500H for $5000.

First start off with the Denon X4400H off Accessories4Less. It’ll be much cheaper because it’s refurbished and you can put the money to where it counts, the speakers and subwoofers.

Where are you located? If you are in the US I have 3 ID companies that are sure to outperform Earthquake speakers. As for subs, you can’t go wrong with HSU or Rythmik. They hit amazing price to performance points and I’m sure will provide higher “value” than Earthquake subwoofers.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Earthquake would not be my first choice for speakers or subs. I have never seen measurements or anything that shows they would have any advantage over the regular go-to brands. None of their products look special from a design standpoint. They look like a high-markup brand from what I can see. Skip them.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I’m sure the installers margins are better than the sound. I would skip em. I hate when installers push crap simply because it benefits them
I would have him install those speakers up his own baffle. Lmao!

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Earthquake would not be my first choice for speakers or subs. I have never seen measurements or anything that shows they would have any advantage over the regular go-to brands. None of their products look special from a design standpoint. They look like a high-markup brand from what I can see. Skip them.
Agreed. Last time I've checked their specs they're underwhelming and overpriced.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Well that was back in October -- And you have a current thread in the Beginners location -- it would be better to continue from there and I would move away from the Earthquake options. Plus, you can get a good system for under $5000
https://forums.audioholics.com/forums/threads/posted-on-here-before-about-home-theater-suggestions.113575/

https://forums.audioholics.com/forums/threads/need-suggestions-on-how-to-turn-my-room-into-an-atmos-enabled-home-theater.112800/

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis