iPod Portable Docking Speaker Systems Roundup

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
I constantly have people asking me about speakers for their iPods. It seems everyone has an iPod these days, even those of us who prefer to listen to full-fidelity music on our big systems. And the reality is, more often than not we are in the kitchen, at the office, or traveling - which means we need a more portable audio solution. Is it any wonder the iPod is such a success? I decided to do a roundup of portable docking speaker systems for the iPod, to get a better idea of what the latest offerings are from several manufacturers.

Discuss "iPod Portable Docking Speaker Systems Roundup" here. Read the article.

davidtwotrees

davidtwotrees

Audioholic General
You mean Bose doesn't have an ipod dock for review?!

gliz

gliz

Full Audioholic
forget Bose i am sick of IPODS, everything has an IPOD dock on it :D

G

gbenfield

Freelance Reviewer
This is Emma, gbenfield's twelve year old daughter. I recently got a Vestalife Ladybug iPod System for my birthday and thought I'd add some thoughts from my point of view. I'm not very good with audio stuff and normally it takes me about a forty minutes to figure out how to use some new system that my dad reviews, just so I can watch a movie! The Ladybug system is easy to use, I just plugged my ipod in and it worked. I use it every day, the remote works great. For a little thing it can get very loud if you want it to, but also can be exceptionally quiet if you like to listen to music before going to bed. Music quality is plenty good enough for just listening in my room. It is easily transportable and comes with a little black bag for when you travel with it. I think any girl would enjoy one for their room.

Clownfish

Clownfish

Junior Audioholic
i am sick of IPODS, everything has an IPOD dock on it :D
Sorry to hear that.

I love my iPhone, I plug it into my computer desk top speakers at work.

When I'm on the move, I use just one earbud, so I can still hear what's going on around me, and listen all day...in the car, at the mall, yardwork, etc.

In a room with a conversation I don't want to participate in? Add the second earbud, no proob.

I haven't bought a "dock player" just yet, but I will before summer, so I can take it to the beach!

ilounge.com has some good reviews on portable players.

birdonthebeach

birdonthebeach

Full Audioholic
This is Emma, gbenfield's twelve year old daughter. I recently got a Vestalife Ladybug iPod System for my birthday and thought I'd add some thoughts from my point of view. I'm not very good with audio stuff and normally it takes me about a forty minutes to figure out how to use some new system that my dad reviews, just so I can watch a movie! The Ladybug system is easy to use, I just plugged my ipod in and it worked. I use it every day, the remote works great. For a little thing it can get very loud if you want it to, but also can be exceptionally quiet if you like to listen to music before going to bed. Music quality is plenty good enough for just listening in my room. It is easily transportable and comes with a little black bag for when you travel with it. I think any girl would enjoy one for their room.
Emma, I think you have a future in writing reviews!!! A young Audioholic - I love it!!! Glad you like your LadyBug!!

G

gus6464

Audioholic Samurai
How about the B&W Zepellin? :D Every time I see that thing at the apple store it cracks me up. But it does sound pretty nice and good bass too.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis