iPOD Issue with Yamaha RX-V861B

L

lawrencebinding

Audiophyte
I recently set up the Yamaha RX-V861B with a Yamaha iPOD dock. the lit says i can display all iPOD content on TV but my iPOD menu is limited to music only. How can I access the video and phototo contenet for display/Play? HELP!!!

Lawrence in Montreal

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
You sure it says that, mine says I can just display music but my AVR is a few models lower than yours.

L

lawrencebinding

Audiophyte
iPOD Issue

Hi Greg and thanks for the response. I think the problem is strictly OSD related. I've just discovered that I can select iPOD videos and slide shows using my Yamaha AV remote and choosing from my iPOD menu using the iPOD screen. So I can watch videos and slide shows...but I have no onscreen menu. What a sad limitation. I can't imagine why a $$$ AV system does not display exactly what you see on your iPOD screen. I find that limitation almost unimaginable.

Lawrence

M

Method

Junior Audioholic
You can see your ipod interface on your TV screen...

I have the Yamaha RX2700, and with the Yammy ipod doc, I can pull my ipod display up onto my screen.

On the Yamaha receiver remote, select the source that reads "something"vox/dock. On the right hand side of my remote is a swiitch on the side of the remote with three choices "source" being the middle one, "amp" being the top, and I forget what the lower of the three is, but it doesn't matter becasue you don't use it for this. Select "Source", the middle notch.

Then, on the lower half of the remote, whrer the 4 arrows and center button are, is a button that says "display". Hit that, and it will activate the ipod display on your tv screen. There you have asccess to all your content, songs, artists, playlists, etc, and you can scroll through it all.

I remember a long time ago a guy here said he had issues with the display timing out after 20 seconds or so, and because of that he could never scroll through his content, but that's a function of setting your ipod back light timer to the longest setting.

If for whatever reason the video content doesn't play, choose a different iput source for your tv.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis