Ion Audio Outdoor Garden and Patio Bluetooth Speaker Overview

H

HTKamikazee

Audioholics Sheriff
Nothing like having a good time in the great outdoors. Most people enjoy having a pool party with family and friends and be able to play their favorite tunes. After all, what's a party without good music? Audioholics like me enjoy installing audio gear all over the house. We really enjoy the process. But in the real world, the regular customer doesn't necessarily enjoy the hassle of running cables from one place to another - specially when that involves making holes and running wires through walls. ION’s Rock Speaker Bluetooth, solves this issue in a heartbeat.
PicsArt_1426691413332.jpg

The rock speaker is a compact, yet attractive speaker that can be placed almost anywhere because it's wireless and powered by a built-in long-lasting rechargeable battery. Another cool thing is that it looks like a real rocks and it won't attract any attention. But what about water splashes or rain? These speakers are IPX4 certified which means they were designed to withstand water splashing or even rain without breaking a sweat.

These speakers contain a wide-range driver and a built-in 20-watt dynamic amplifier. That should be enough to produce the sound you need for your party/activity. Pretty awesome, don't you think?

FEATURES:
  • Streams music wirelessly from any Bluetooth music player or phone.
  • Connects wirelessly to an additional Rock Speaker (sold separately).
  • Built-in rechargeable battery lasts up to 48 hours per charge.
  • Level IPX4 water-resistant: protected against splashing water.
  • Lightweight, portable design, easy to move around the yard.
  • Realistic rock design, perfect for gardens or patios.
Price: $99.99/each.

Click on the following thumbnail to zoom in.
PicsArt_1426691304515.jpg

H

HTKamikazee

Audioholics Sheriff
No - not really.

Plus the reviews on Amazon are weak - and seem to have some
issues with the battery.

While I've tried some of their products with good results. Funny thing is that I've read negative reviews and I still liked them. I can't say much about this product because I haven't tried it and I always try not to judge a product based only on other people's reviews. Customer satisfaction can be complicated and subjective sometimes. On the other hand, remember that this product has been designed mostly for the regular customer (as specified on the overview) who isn't as demanding as an audioholics. For $99, I think it serves the purpose and I think we can't ask for a world-changing product for such an accessible priced product. Maybe someday I will be able to review it and I'll let you all know what I think.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
On the other hand, remember that this product has been designed mostly for the regular customer (as specified on the overview) who isn't as demanding as an audioholics. For $99, I think it serves the purpose and I think we can't ask for a world-changing product for such an accessible priced product. Maybe someday I will be able to review it and I'll let you all know what I think.
A lot of the hands on product reviews from Amazon are from the
regular customer and not demanding audioholics.

One of the main complaints was quality control from the users.

And, it would be nice if you did a hands-on review of this, since
you made the statement "Pretty awesome"

H

HTKamikazee

Audioholics Sheriff
A lot of the hands on product reviews from Amazon are from the
regular customer and not demanding audioholics.

One of the main complaints was quality control from the users.

And, it would be nice if you did a hands-on review of this, since
you made the statement "Pretty awesome"
Their nice appearance, and flexibility of use are pretty awesome and appealing to me as a consumer (maybe not so to others). I've also showed this to several friends and family members and they all like the idea and the ease of use it offers. On the other hand, sound quality, durability and battery life remains to be seen. As with everything else, if something works for me that doesn't mean it is going to work for another person as customer satisfaction can be complicated/subjective sometimes. I've bought several products that I'm happy with and know people who are not and vice versa. After all, what matters is that you are happy with what you get. Maybe I will, maybe I will not. Time will tell if I can get my hands on one of those.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis