Internet Speeds on My TV

J

James_Ngo

Audioholic Intern
D3.1 is excellent.
Depending your house size. A mesh network would give you more coverage.

Im assuming you live in NorCal you have Comcast. What service speed do you have? Also having (1) router to cover your living space will be a far stretch. You might end up having some deadspots.

I have spectrum 1gig. Using there D3.1 w/ google wifi attached to a netgear pro-safe 8 switch. Speedtest via hardwired utilizing speedtest.net. Am clocking in at 950-980mbps. Through wifi through the mesh on Samsung 9+, am getting on average 800-850 mbps. Doing a speedtest on gaming console or smartTV, etc will not give you a good reading. If you are planning on streaming or gaming. Wired or 5g network is optimal.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Keep in mind that your wifi network may not be the issue (I'd still follow the mesh advice TBH) but that the TV is just not very good at wifi. I've had tons of wifi devices over the years and some just plain suck. The PS3 is one of them.

You can always get a bridge and plug it into the TV. I've done that and had much better results. Sounds like you've got one for your receiver, I'd move it to the TV.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
I stand by my original post. Hardwire when at all possible. I wouldnt let one of my customers use wifi other than to surf and email...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis