Interesting Video noise

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Over the last number of weeks I noticed video noise one one channel only, and it was short in duration, 1-2 seconds and periodic about every 30 seconds.
I had this on both TV sets. Only on one channel, 59, no audio interference, just video noise bars across the full screen.
What could it be. Almost like a radar dish rotating someplace and inducing the signal but it seemd slow in period.
Unplugged the cable modem, still there.
I called the company, took a report and told them I will call back in several days if it persisted. It did. The period not changing but very consitent.
I called, a service man came the next day, on time.
He checked the street distribution box, no interference. The junction into the house. No interference. Again, unplugged most everything. Video noise persisted.

As I walked past my command center, I noticed my indoor-outdoor temperature gauge and noticed the inscription 433mHz. I asked the tech what frequency ch 59 was on. I almost fainted when he said 433mHz.

I cannot believe that a 3 volt battery operated remote temperature sensor, operating at 433mHz would interfere with two TV sets 30ft away. The remote sensor was updating the master every 30 seconds. Took the battery out, interference was over :D If I overlooked that temp gauge, it would be an unsolved mystery :D

So, at times the, insignificant matters :p

Mudcat

Mudcat

Senior Audioholic
How did you accomplish any of this without conducting a DBT :p ;)

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Mudcat said:
How did you accomplish any of this without conducting a DBT :p ;)

Believe me, it was not easy. I lost a few pounds chasing this down :D

In retrospect, maybe I should have asked the tech to do at least the single blind testing for me :p

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis