Interconnects Using RCA plugs making poor contact

R

runidawg

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Please bear with me as I am new to this.  I hav a Sony cd changer, model cdp cx90es, in fact I have two such changers that are identical.   I bought them through ebay auction.  Love their features and both perform well.   Use them with an accuphase amp, E-203, and two sets Klipsch speakers, pair Forte's and a pair of Heresys.   My problem is that it seems that my interconnects will not hold good contact with the RCA jacks on the back of the sony changer.  Having two changers, I am supposed to be able to &quot;daisy chain&quot; one to the other, so as to control both by a single remote and a single source input on my amplifier.  Both changers will not make solid connections with my RCA interconnects, especially via the line input terminals needed to connect the two machines together.  I am using custom cable's Barracuda cable for the interconnect, but did substitute with some cheap Japanese cable that seemed to have no better contact than the others.  Am I doing something wrong when I tighten down these cables onto the sony input or output RCA receptacle??  Or does the changer just have a bad set of receptacles for these RCA plugs.  Any ideas would be appreciated.   Thanks, runidawg, ie, James in Missouri
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
G

<font color='#000000'>Hi James in Missouri,

I didn't respond to your question sooner because I don't really have a good answer for you. &nbsp;But since no one else has responded, I'll pass on what little I can. &nbsp;We have three Sony changers here, one DVD changer, an ES Series CD changer, and one of the standard Sony CD changers. &nbsp;I've never had any problems at all with the input or output connectors on any of them. &nbsp;I generally use connectors from Vampire, which are precision machined, so they make excellent contact, without being difficult to connect and disconnect due to an over-tight fit. &nbsp;However, I've used other cables with the changers, both very tight fiting &quot;premium&quot; connectors and the really cheap stuff, and in no case have I ever had a problem with the connections staying tight. &nbsp;If anything, the connectors that use high pressure are very hard to disconnect, but well made connectors slide in and out very easily, and stay connected very well.

Unfortunately, none of this gives us the first clue as to what might be causing your problems. &nbsp;The only thing that comes to mind is that the connectors on the changer must be damaged. &nbsp;Have you given them a close look? &nbsp;All I can say is that you have a strange problem that you shouldn't have. &nbsp;Perhaps knowing that someone else doesn't have the problem will help. &nbsp;Good luck sorting it out.

Chuck</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis