Integra vs Onkyo ???

anamorphic96

anamorphic96

Audioholic General
Out of curiosity im wondering why more people dont purchase Integra over Onkyo. The main reason im thinking is availability. Integra is typically found only at smaller chains or stores.

But from what I can tell most of the prices are pretty much the same and from what I understand Integra offers better build quality and parts. All receivers apparently use 20% larger power supplies and capacitors. They also include a 3 year warranty vs a two year on Onkyo.

Im not against Onkyo. I feel they make a quality product. But just curious considering the similar price points.

Do we have any Integra owners out there ?

Glenn

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
I think availability is part of the reason, but I also think that 'better parts' doesn't justify the price increase. They sound similar. They have the same features, they use the same remote codes.

Maybe the power supply is slightly more robust on Integra vs Onkyo, but unless you are really pushing it in a large room with inefficient speakers, it won't matter. Also how many people can realistically tell the difference between Analog Devices dacs (onkyo) and Wolfson dacs (Integra).

I've thought about giving Integra a try, but always end up just buying what I am familiar with - Onkyo.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis