• Triad (Inceiling Bronze Openround)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bose (Virtually Invisible 591)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
J

Jon Sol

Audiophyte
Hi. I'm new to the forum. I'm arranging a 5,1 home theater system in my bedroom and will be installing five ~6" in-ceiling speakers. I know that external speakers are better performing, but I'm not an audiophile and will simply be using the setup for movies.

I have already purchased the following based on Magnolia recommendations:
LG OLED65C7 TV
Pioneer Elite VSX-LX102 Receiver
SVS SB2000 Subwoofer
Audioquest speaker wiring

They were trying to convince me to buy the Sonance VP62R speakers, but I couldn't find much online about Sonance. Plus, they were claiming retail price on each was $200 each, but were on sale for $60 each. It kind of made me skeptical about the quality.

As I said, I'm not looking for the best, but good sound for roughly $150 plus or minus some per speaker. The room is pretty small, and I already know I went overboard on the subwoofer.

Please let me know which you would go with. Please don't criticize for my lack of knowledge or recommend external speakers. Just a recommendation on your preference:

Thank you.

Last edited:
P

pwlong

Audioholic Intern
I'd go for the Klipsch. On the upper end of your price range tho...

J

Jon Sol

Audiophyte
Thanks. I was actually leaning towards Klipsch because Fry's Electronics was offering me that model for nearly half price. Seems like they are desperate for business.

P

pwlong

Audioholic Intern
I've had a couple systems that featured Klipsch over the years, and have never been disappointed. If you can snag 'em for half-price, I'd jump at the chance.

For our current theater, I tried a different brand -- BIC Acoustech -- and while they're not quite the same quality as the Klipsch line, they fit the budget :) Remember you can always swap out gear later...

My theater build journal: http://havingfunalongtheway.com/basement-home-theater-design-construction-series/

Last edited:
panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I have a 5.1 speakercraft in-ceiling setup in my living room and an in-wall setup in my theater.

I got the 5-pack of 8" from BB and they are pretty good for the money. Need to put back boxes so all the bass they are capable of actually gets into my room, but there is a surprising amount already.

6.5" Set of 5. 8" Set of 5.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I'm not an audiophile
In-ceiling and in-wall speakers become part of the house, so you want something with a high resale value, since you're not an audiophile. :D

So I would go with either 1) B&W or 2) Klipsch. :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis