B

beags

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>I have a Sony DVP with many audio outputs(L,R front/rear, center and sub).  I also have the same inputs on my receiver(Yamaha HTR-5280),  

My question is...Should I hook up all of the speaker outs to the speaker inputs or should I simply use the optical?  If I use the outputs will this negate my DSP modes on my receiver or will I still continue to be able to select DSP modes?  I do not want the DVP to control my options.  WIll this be the case?  

Also, could this be 6 channel input?  I have this option on my receiver.  

Thanks

Josh</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>Hi,
&nbsp; Use optical so you can use the DSPs of the receiver and it's cheaper and no messy wires. However, if your DVD player has capable of playing SACD then you have to use 6 channel out to your receiver in addtion to optical connection.</font>

B

beags

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Thanks for that advice. &nbsp;Hooked it up with optical and the 6 channel outputs. &nbsp;I can switch between the two so I can use the DSP on my reciever for DVD's and I can use &nbsp;the 6 channel input when listening to my super Audio CDs. &nbsp;Thanks again. &nbsp;Josh
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis