Infinity Primus P362 Question

T

twoshoes

Audiophyte
Hi all, quick question here. A couple of months ago I bought the PC350 and two P162 speakers for my fronts. I now want to buy some P362's for my fronts and I was wondering if you guys thought buying four P362's for my fronts and surrounds and moving my P162's to the rears for a 7.1 setup would be overkill?

Oh, one last question

I am currently using an Infinity 8" BU-1 sub for my setup. Would buying the PS210 be much of an upgrade?

Thanks for any advice.

B

blued888

Audioholic
Some people have been using the P362's as surrounds because Fry's has them on sale pretty often the past few months.

Your idea would be fine, the only downside I can think of is that the bottom driver(s) of the P362 will be obstructed by your seating/furniture. I'm not entirely sure if that's going to be a problem.

For your subwoofer needs, I'd suggest looking at internet-direct companies such as SVS, Hsu Research and Elemental Designs.

You don't need to have an Infinity subwoofer just because the rest of your speakers are Infinity. :)

T

twoshoes

Audiophyte
Thank you blued888!

I will be spending $700 for the four 362's

Will having 362's as surrounds sound better than having the 162's as surrounds.

I don't mind spending the extra money if it makes a difference in the sound quality.

B

blued888

Audioholic
Will having 362's as surrounds sound better than having the 162's as surrounds.

I don't mind spending the extra money if it makes a difference in the sound quality.
You'll probably notice the difference if you listen to a lot of multi-channel music. For home theater, you won't notice the difference.

I use the P162's for my surrounds in a 5.1 setup and I already think they're overkill. I actually wish I went with the P152's.

That is because I have just a small room to fill. If you have a large room to fill, then having the P362's as surrounds would definitely help.

T

twoshoes

Audiophyte
You'll probably notice the difference if you listen to a lot of multi-channel music. For home theater, you won't notice the difference.

I use the P162's for my surrounds in a 5.1 setup and I already think they're overkill. I actually wish I went with the P152's.

That is because I have just a small room to fill. If you have a large room to fill, then having the P362's as surrounds would definitely help.
Thanks!...You have been a big help!

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I think I agree with everything Blue 888 said. Get the 362's and 152's. I have two Infinity PS10 subs (PS210) and do not recommend them. They have a huge peak @ 50Hz regardless of the placement. The single 8" is not doing your movie watching bass experience justice. Use it in a bedroom or secondary system.

Harman Audio on eBay is the best place to get your Infinity speakers.

T

twoshoes

Audiophyte
I think I agree with everything Blue 888 said. Get the 362's and 152's. I have two Infinity PS10 subs (PS210) and do not recommend them. They have a huge peak @ 50Hz regardless of the placement. The single 8" is not doing your movie watching bass experience justice. Use it in a bedroom or secondary system.

Harman Audio on eBay is the best place to get your Infinity speakers.
Thanks Alex2507!

I will look into the subs Blued888 suggested.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
If you want to upgrade your system and like Infinity Speakers.

http://myworld.ebay.com/harmanaudio/

I suggest you try to get Speakers from the Infinity Beta Series Your tweeters will match betas. I'm pretty sure they use the same tweeter.

Betas just have higher quality drivers.

A pair of Beta 50s along with a beta 360 or your current center will make a very sick front sound stage.

Then I suggest you Get a single ES250 for your rear speakers and a pair of Beta 10s for your side surrounds.

This is the setup the speakers designer recommended.

If I weren't building my own speakers and getting married. I would probably have picked up a pair of Beta 50s. They are beasts so be forewarned.

For subs. I suggest you do the Kappa build on the DIY section or get an SVS sub.

Last edited:
T

twoshoes

Audiophyte
Thank you guys for your help!

I asked the same question at another forum in a dedicated Infinity speakers thread and all I have heard is crickets.

You have a very friendly and helpful forum here.

Thanks again! :)

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord

I asked the same question at another forum in a dedicated Infinity speakers thread and all I have heard is crickets.

We do more than chirp here;)

B

blued888

Audioholic

I just saw your post over at the other forum. :D

You got more attention here since it's a dedicated thread. The large threads over at AVS are just sometimes hard to follow especially when they've been running for a long time already.

Good paint job on those Infinity's btw! You should post those here too. :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis