Infinity IRS-V, Paul McGowan

T

TankTop5

Audioholic Field Marshall
Not my ad, just a repost and I’ll add a link when available as they’re listed in a private group

Paul McGowan of PS Audio just listed his Infinity IRS V speakers for sale.

$70,000

IMG_8393.png

T

TankTop5

Audioholic Field Marshall
Listed on FB marketplace… weird way to list them but….

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Spartan
They really were amazing back in 70s 80s. I got a chance to hear them at a stereo store in PA in the early 80s. Still way too rich for me or most people.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
They really were amazing back in 70s 80s. I got a chance to hear them at a stereo store in PA in the early 80s. Still way too rich for me or most people.
You would be pretty lucky just to see a pair, let alone hear them. It can be transformative. My audio journey likely would not have started if not for the day that I got to hear a pair JBL L300 Summit speakers.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Spartan
You would be pretty lucky just to see a pair, let alone hear them. It can be transformative. My audio journey likely would not have started if not for the day that I got to hear a pair JBL L300 Summit speakers.
It really was amazing but way way out my price range. I ended up buying some new large Advents at that time to replace my Electro voice speakers. Anyway, back then I had a friend who had a 4-speaker large Magnepan setup with a Fonz TT and a Tandberg Reel deck running into a GAS Amp and Preamp. Probably the best system I ever heard but it's hard to tell, that was pre digital. I liked the Advents ok but sold them and bought some Allison 6 when I moved into a 1 bedroom Apt.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
It really was amazing but way way out my price range. I ended up buying some new large Advents at that time to replace my Electro voice speakers. Anyway, back then I had a friend who had a 4-speaker large Magnepan setup with a Fonz TT and a Tandberg Reel deck running into a GAS Amp and Preamp. Probably the best system I ever heard but it's hard to tell, that was pre digital. I liked the Advents ok but sold them and bought some Allison 6 when I moved into a 1 bedroom Apt.
The L300 speakers were well outside my price range at the time as well. 40 years later they still command a good price. The were connected to a Harman Kardon Citation 16 amplifier and HK preamp. The store had some beautiful Perraux gear as well. My friends and I all had 2-channel setups but I never knew sound quality of that level was possible until that day. As it happens, my first good speakers were a pair of Electrovoice Interface 1 that I still have in storage. My parent's house during high school came with some vintage gear that included a Scott tube integrated amp and DIY speakers using Electrovoice horn drivers (mids and tweeters) and 15" EV woofers. That system sounded pretty darn good for how old it was. EV seems to only make pro-audio gear now.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Spartan
The L300 speakers were well outside my price range at the time as well. 40 years later they still command a good price. The were connected to a Harman Kardon Citation 16 amplifier and HK preamp. The store had some beautiful Perraux gear as well. My friends and I all had 2-channel setups but I never knew sound quality of that level was possible until that day. As it happens, my first good speakers were a pair of Electrovoice Interface 1 that I still have in storage. My parent's house during high school came with some vintage gear that included a Scott tube integrated amp and DIY speakers using Electrovoice horn drivers (mids and tweeters) and 15" EV woofers. That system sounded pretty darn good for how old it was. EV seems to only make pro-audio gear now.
Nice. Mine were the EVS 16Bs being run by a 40 WPC Kenwood integrated amp with a Kenwood tuner, Technics entry level TT, and a Teac cassette deck back in the late 70s. Not bad but the Advents sounded a little better to me with that system. All long gone now but I do have some Infinity P363s powered by a HK3490 receiver these days. 12 years old but still sound great to me with my modern sources.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis