inexperienced jedi needs advice from Audio Video JEDI MASTER

BLUEWAVE

BLUEWAVE

Audiophyte
hey, well the research into new AVR is .... :confused: ..... defeating me....

research.....................................

i have yet to find the best mid price point AVR that does not have issues. I was already to pull the trigger on a Onkyo TX-SR705 OR 805 and now I am reading that they have popping issues?? Then I am reading where some receivers do not up convert to 1080p? Its no longer about Audio with these new systems its all about video....right?

I just moved into a new small home. I have only ceiling speakers 5.1 (Sonance - S623TR(135 watts) - front (Left, center, Right) and for the rear (left and right) Sonance SRS1(150 watts).

and

lastly, i have a Panny TH-50PZ700U.

I am searching for a receiver that can provide me good sound and video (1080p) upconvert if possible want to utilize the features resolution on the TV.
I also want to be able to run my patio speakers (qty. 2). i never thought this selection would be so difficult. i know if i had the $$$$ this would be easy. However, my price line is $450 to $900. Any suggestions or advice??

Heres what i see:
Onkyo TX-SR605 & TX-SR705 - popping issues !~!
Denon AVR-4308 - out of my price range at $1400
Denon AVR-2807 - does not upconvert to 1080 p
Yamaha RX-V1700 - not a good value??
Pioneer VSX-82TXS - price ... plus only upconverts to 1080i... does it handle the hdmi 1.3 ????

i am confused...............

Haoleb

Haoleb

Audioholic Field Marshall
What about the Denon 2808CI. Its not out yet but it will upconvert to 1080p.

Personally I dont think the upconversion is all that important. Especially going from 1080i to 1080p. The way I see it, You cant make something mediocre, great by upconverting it.

BLUEWAVE

BLUEWAVE

Audiophyte
thanks... I will take a look at the Denon ... I was just reading up on the new Sony 5300ES found on web the manual. I LIKE THE GRAPHIC USER INTERFACE ! finally they are getting smart...i think the new denon 2007 series will have this, however both will be a little out of my price range. I am sure they are over $1200

i agree with you on the HDMI upconvert.

BLUEWAVE

BLUEWAVE

Audiophyte
thanks again..... like what i am reading on the Denon 2808CI. Really appreciate the advice.

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
Bluewave,

USE THE FORCE! :D

If you can hold out for a month, Yamaha, Denon, and Pioneer will be out with their new receivers models and you will be able to get the latest features, or a discount on a slightly older model (Yamaha RX-V1700 or Denon 2807, etc.)

You have a decent in-celing speaker system which should sound good with any $4-500 receiver like the Yamaha RX-V661 or Onkyo 605. For an extra $500 you get more power and more video features like 3-4 HDMI inputs. For >$1k you can get really good upscalling but there is only so much a scaller can do with a low res cable feed.

I would recommend spending about $500 for a receiver and using the savings to upgrade your source like a HD package for cable or satellite or a BluRay or HD-DVD player. Also Oppo Digital makes some good uscaling DVD players that start at $150.

BLUEWAVE

BLUEWAVE

Audiophyte
good stuff.... thank you, i forgot to mention I do have it wired for HDMI well to the tv that is, i only ran HDMI & RG6 cable to the TV, i should of ran more component cables ... i think. THANKS AGAIN!!

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
TV cables

If you are in the construction phase, it wouldn't hurt to hava a component video connection and a digital audio connection available from the TV to the receiver location.

All of the high end receivers you list should convert all video signals to a single HDMI connection. I use an OTA antenna to pick up local stations in HD so I use the digital audio output from the TV to get the sound to the receiver.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis