Independent pro installers

king_rebar

king_rebar

Audiophyte
Hello all,

I'm new to the board and must say that I've absorbed quite a lot of valuable information thus far. Without mentioning names I can attest that this board and site is a proverbial 'breath of fresh air' in comparison to other (zoo-like) forums. That being said...
I am currently selecting pieces for a new system in my home and am thinking of perhaps hiring a professional installer to assist in the endeavor. Based on many factors, time, knowledge and less than perfect room details amongst them, I believe a pro would save me some headaches and costly mistakes. Based mainly on recommendations found here, I believe I have made my equipment selections but before I commit I think it wise to do some consulting.
My question is: can someone recommend a competent installer in my area> I live in Medford, NJ. This is roughly 40 mins. from Philadelphia. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Jeff

P

philh

Full Audioholic
This isn't going to help you much, but I've read several posts in the pasts referring to a certification organization. Looked at their web site and it at least looked impressive. Also found there were several local "certified" installers. Never used any, so can't vouch for the organization or their certification.

B

bpape

Audioholic Chief
Hi Jeff. Welcome.

I used to live in Voorhees. If you can tell me what equipment you're considering and what specifically you're looking for from an 'installer', maybe I can make a couple of recommendations.

Bryan

king_rebar

king_rebar

Audiophyte
Sorry for the delay in my response, was away for a few days.

Philh: thanks for the response.

Bryan: Thanks as well. My office is in Voorhees.
My system so far (pieces I have already purchased) is as follows:

Screen: Pioneer HD5060 50" plasma
Speakers: Fronts: Snell XA1900 Rears: Snell SR 30
Receiver: Integra DTR-10.5
Sub: Energy

Am currently looking for: center, DVD

Thanks again.

Jeff

B

bpape

Audioholic Chief
Not sure who sells Snell in the area. My favorite place was down in Deleware - Overture Audio Video. Good guys, most of them are very technically competent. For installation, I'd give them a call and see what they'd charge to come up.

king_rebar

king_rebar

Audiophyte
bpape said:
Not sure who sells Snell in the area. My favorite place was down in Deleware - Overture Audio Video. Good guys, most of them are very technically competent. For installation, I'd give them a call and see what they'd charge to come up.

Hi Bryan,

Thanks, I am familiar with them, definitely an incredible place, their work is beautiful. They send me a brochure periodically and it shows the theaters of dreams. I was hoping to find an independent person not employed by a 'house'.
I met with one guy and he seemed to want to trash talk every retailer and most products more than what he could offer so I thought it best to not hire him. I went to Hi-Fi Sales Company in Cherry Hill and figured I could buy some additional equipment and talk about the install. They were very nice and I'm waiting for a call to schedule a look at my home. So hopefully I will be able to secure what I need from them.
Thanks again for the help.
Regards,

Jeff

B

bpape

Audioholic Chief
Check this guy out too.

http://www.avalonav.com/

He's a great guy and provides exceptional customer service. I don't know if he's gotten into installs or not. Even if not, it's worth a trip just to talk with him and oogle his stuff.

Bryan

king_rebar

king_rebar

Audiophyte
Hi Bryan,

That's funny because he's in my same town! I've heard of him before but I think he must have a shop at his home or something. I am going to email him and ask. Ironically, the other place I mentioned just mailed me and said:
"our business model doesn't support the kind of installation service you are looking for." :)
I guess they wanted me to buy all my components there. I was offering to do some spending but perhaps it did not meet their line. So I'm still in search. I do appreciate your help and I will contact Avalon now.

Be well.

Jeff

B

bpape

Audioholic Chief
Unfortunately, many places won't do the installs unless they get the whole thing.

Bob is a great guy. Definitely check him out. VERY customer satisfaction oriented. If he doesn't do installs, I'm quite sure he can recommend someone.

Bryan

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis